Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97' Civic
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I got a little problem with my D16Z6 Engine last time.
I don't hear and feel my VTEC anymore. Before it was hearable, on the SOHC Engine its not so noticeable as on a DOHC VTEC Engine but you can hear it anyway.
By the way i've noticed that the car is a little slower as before, especially in the low RPM's .. about 1500 and 3500RPM.

The airfilter is a little dirty, but it can't be the problem of the VTEC.

I've met my Hondadealer here in Stuttgart and they tried to read out an error from the ECU, but it didnt work... there's no connection to the ECU.. my mechanic guessed, the cable (to read out) is not connectet to the new P28 ECU.. btw. the old one was a OBD2, the new one is a OBD1.
What PIN on the P28 ECU (D16Z6) is responsible for the read out of error's?

What can it be :( ? please help me and sorry for my bad english!

·
Registered
97' Civic
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a part of my old Harness and got the new Harness of the D16Z6 Engine too, they was soldered and it worked without problems!

·
Registered
944 Posts
very simpel problem

you fucked up something on the harness

happen to me 3 times ^^

btw there is no way you can feel or hear the MAD VTAK on a SOHC more than on a DOHC

to read out the ecu without the HHT (Hand Held Tester) you have to use a jumper on the test conector. The CEL will on your gauge start to blink and you can read out what happen

·
Registered
97' Civic
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No, before (1 month ago i heared and feel the VTEC).. so it works!! now i didn't hear and feel nothing.

jumper didnt work, nothing work, no connection to ECU, the master from the Hondadealer tried to read out with 2 different Hand Held Tester and with the jumper! There's a short circuit he guessed.

Fuck :(, what can i do now?

@Emperor: how you detached the problem with the harness..?

·
Registered
944 Posts
OH yes

i check all new conections and resolder everything

I fail always at wiring jobs^^

1)tray an other ecu (i know ,hard to borow one in germany)
2)test all new conections with an multimeter

btw from my experience, all honda dealerships are full of morons ;-) They call me a liar and stupid idiot after i told them i have an ZC engine in my EG4^^

,,there is no such thing like a ZC!,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts