Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering where i should get the wiring harness from, im dropping a z6 into my 90 dx hatch, the d15b2 took a dump so now im stuck with a 92 ex civic with no title,(but runs) and i know how to swap the engine over and switch trannys but im just messed up when it comes to wiring it up, i have both wiring harnesses and i have a friend coming over to help but i bet he has no idea, im looking for a plug and play, or a step by step diagram to wire it up... thanks, it would help me out alot, i have no car now either sucks ass

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
you have to swap motors and then if the hatch isnt already do dpfi to mpfi swap and convert to obd1. you cant just swapped the obd1 harness to the hatch that is obd0. there is gonna be wiring needed to get full potential of the z6

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
^^^ What he said. Use the OBD0 DX engine harness with modifications. you need to do the DPFI-MPFI conversion. Then you can use a chipped PM6 and stay OBD0 if you want. Check PGMFI.org for 1-wire VTEC info. Better solution is to go OBD0-OBD1 and use the P28 that came with the Z6. Check www.rywire.com for a conversion harness. They can also redo your engine harness. You send them both and they send you back one.

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
It is easy. You have to do the DPFI-MPFI conversion on your DX harness. Once you are done, get an OBD0-OBD1 ECU jumper harness from rywire and run a P28. Don't forget that you will need to get a 4-wire O2 sensor instead of the 1-wire you are now running on your DX. Good luck on your project, keep us posted.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It is easy. You have to do the DPFI-MPFI conversion on your DX harness. Once you are done, get an OBD0-OBD1 ECU jumper harness from rywire and run a P28. Don't forget that you will need to get a 4-wire O2 sensor instead of the 1-wire you are now running on your DX. Good luck on your project, keep us posted.
agreed. that would probably be your best bet and the easiest. If you're looking for a obd0 to obd1 harness i have one. :TU:

good luck!

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
LIke the others said.

Hint: Rywire will convert your DPFI harness to MPFI for you too and garunteed to work. Just in case you arn't handy with wiring

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i just bought all of that last night (jumper harness) and im still talking to the guy with the whole engine harness now and it comes with the 4 wire, how much better is a z6 than a d15b2.....lol alot or just mehhh b is better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts