Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is George im brand new to the forum and to the honda world. Bought my first honda civic, 98 dx, it had a partially done swap from a d16y7 to a d16z6 and im at the end stage of the swap and now im stuck I hope someone on here can help! Ive already tried searching and cant find anyhting. SO here it is....

Ive got the engine in trans, dizzy, alt, the works, i was putting in my new p28 ecu today swaping out the old p2e that was from the original engine and i wired up the Vtech and started the engine and its idling eraticaly. I was trying to do the ignition timing but I cant because the marks keep moving because the idle goes up and down, Im thinking I need to swap out one of the sensors may the idle air control? I have no clue im hoping someone more knowledable on hondas would know. The car still has the obd2 harness and all the obd2 intake and fuel sensors, I used to obd2a to obd1 harness converter, and it has a p28 ecu. PLease help I need this car running asap.

·
Registered
94' DX 2-Dr
94 Posts
Check for any vacuum leaks first of all. even a leaking intake manifold gasket will screw up the idle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check for any vacuum leaks first of all. even a leaking intake manifold gasket will screw up the idle.
Yea the engine runs fine with the p2e ecu so i know for a fact it has something to do with a sensor that isnt sending properly to the obd1 ecu.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
check the engine codes i had that problem on my hatch and it was a bad connection on the iat sensor
I think I figured it out. I did it all right except for the IACV. Since I went from non Vtec OBD2a to Vtec OBD1 I must change my 3 pin IACV to a 2 pin IACV. My ecu cant recognize the 3 pin. I have the original y7 intake manifold on the z6 head so I think im going to have to change the entire intake manifold since i dont think the IACV or shaped the same. Can someone confirm this for me? Can I just put a z6 obd1 IACV on my y7 manifold? Or how about a y8 2 pin IACV on my y7? Or do I have to get an entire manifold and if so which one y8 or z6?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
why would you even want to consider running the y7 manifold on a z6, thats not a good idea get a z6 intake loaded with all the sensors tb and injectors and put it on and be happy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would you even want to consider running the y7 manifold on a z6, thats not a good idea get a z6 intake loaded with all the sensors tb and injectors and put it on and be happy
haha well its not that I want to, its pretty obvioes that the z6 and y8 have a much better flow design but like i said I bought this car partly swaped and the y7 is all i had and im a little tight on cash. I do plan to put a z6 or y8 mani on it but i just wanted a quick fix on the IACV but i dont htink there is one

·
Premium Member
96 Honda Civic
985 Posts
Just to let you know I had to change my fuel injector plugs as well. are you using the z6 injectors or y7?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to let you know I had to change my fuel injector plugs as well. are you using the z6 injectors or y7?
right now everything in there is z6 except the IM, and everything attacehd to it, sensors fuel rale tb etc. So yea y7 injectors. It runs pretty good with the p2e hooked up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
craps i just noticed what you really said, the plugs themselves? they look totally the same why did you have to change them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts