Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
civic
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am going to be doing a z6 swap into my 98 civic, d16y7. my questions are ( i know google and search, but i dont have alot of time, i need to get my car back)

1. can i use my y7 cam gear on the z6 cam?, if no then will a y8 work?

2. what injectors should i use? z6 or y7?

and there will be more asap, i want to get this motor in by next friday. thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
why wouldnt you use the z6 injectors, they are right for the motor and the y7 isnt vtec so i would go with z6 just to be safe

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
you need to use the stock z6 cam gear and you will need a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness.
this^^

why wouldnt you use the z6 injectors, they are right for the motor and the y7 isnt vtec so i would go with z6 just to be safe
cause the z6 injectors wont plug into his harness.....i think you may be able to use your y7 injector if there 240cc or your gonna have to convert to obd1 injector plugs or get a set from a y8....your all so gonna need a dizzy jumper harness like this one MSD Ignition 8864 - MSD OBD to OBDII Distributor Adapter Cables suitable for Honda®/Acura® - Overview - SummitRacing.com your all so gonna need to reuse your alt off the y7..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts