Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had a 90 crx dx and bought a z6 swap from a friend. I had a well known honda mechanic put it in, he done the mpfi conversion and obd1 conversion using Phearable jumper harness and ecu. Well it was running unbelievably great and then one day my front wheel came off as I was driving and I totaled the car. So I bought a 91 crx si from another friend. So my question is would be easier to use the converted harness or the factory si harness. I would think the converted one would be the easiest but I don't know what to do with the resistor box and its wiring. Someone please help me!!

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i would use the same one! liek said above
alot of the work is done already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I posted this same thread on honda-tech and they said something about the cabin harness being different. But I thought since the mpfi and obd1 conversion and vtec was already done that everything should just hook right right up. Does anyone have any enlightening info?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I'm still need some kind of reliable confirmation on this issue. Just to clarify my car is a 91 crx si, motor is a d16z6 with a dx engine harness converted to mpfi and obd1 with a phearble.net ecu and jumper harness. It ran fine in my other crx i just don't understand why it wouldn't in my new car. Genuises of d-series please help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
998 Posts
ur a very confusing person.. so let me try to figure this out u had a crx and it was converted to obd1 with jumpers and then u wrecked it and now u bought another one and tried to switch everything over and now it dosent work?

it dosent work because u fooked somehting up .. u need a obd1 dizzy and a dizzy jumper and u need a obd1 ecu and a ecu jumper and it should run fine? if u are using the obd1 ecu and u now have a resistor box? do u still have the obd0 injectors?

u need to fully explain ur situation

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. Im sorry didn't mean to confuse anyone. I had a crx dx I put a d16z6 complete swap. My mechanic did a mpfi conversion, a obd1 conversion and made a obd1 dizzy jumper. It ran fine in my dx now I'm wanting to put it in my si. My question is what do I need to do now to make it run in my si. Because some people on honda-tech told me it wouldn't cause something about the cabin harness is different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do not use your DX harness.
Take note which wires from the jumper harness go to the: Vtec solenoid, Vtec pressure switch, Knock sensor, and the 2'nd O2 sensor (Make labels on the wires or something)
Plug your jumper harness into your crx SI's ecu and harness, then using your labels just run a wire to each sensor/solenoid. Re use that distributor harness from your DX and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do not use your DX harness.
Take note which wires from the jumper harness go to the: Vtec solenoid, Vtec pressure switch, Knock sensor, and the 2'nd O2 sensor (Make labels on the wires or something)
Plug your jumper harness into your crx SI's ecu and harness, then using your labels just run a wire to each sensor/solenoid. Re use that distributor harness from your DX and you should be good to go.

Ok for one thing you can't use a crx si ecu cause it is not a vtec ecu therefore I won't have vtec. If I use the dx harness all the wires are already ran. Well I forgot to mention the my mechanic used the z6 harness and dx harness and mated thme together to make one harness. I just don't understand why i can't use the dx\z6 harness.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
The chassis harness connectors are different I believe, so the DX harness will not work in the SI. Use your current OBD1-OBD0 conversion harness. No need to do MPFI conversion with the Si. Just remove the resistor box and solder those wires together. Add in the 4 wires you need for VETC and call it a day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts