Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, after my missing out on those 2 wrecked DA's I was called up by a guy from kansas city who has a D16Z6, ecu, ex tranny and and i believe some decent axels (mine have ripped boots). He's got 101k on the motor and is looking to get 600 bucks for the whole thing. I have to drive about 3 hourse to get this thing so is this a good deal? I dont know much about the prices of d16's but so far I've been able to locate maybe 1 other engine only and that guy is asking 300 for it. So I was just curious, I have to call him torarrow. Thanks... :p

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
What kind of miles does it have on it???I bought mine for 695 no tranny or ecu but i already had those,so i think if it has somewhat low miles do it.D16z6 are great motors then you can decie to go turbo or N/A anyways let me know later.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shoot. Checking my funds they're a little low with unexpected bills with my daughter. However, I did find a d16z6 head for 75 bucks, and he says he has a bunch of ecu's. I emailed him to see if it was the full head and if he had and p28 ecu to go with it. He's charging 25 per stock ecu, so theoretically i can get both for 95 and will be on my way to a mini me but with a cx tranny, but at least i'll have more than 70hp right? or should i wait and see if the other guy will hold off for me and wait until next paycheck?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm..thats a damn good idea. I wonder if I buy say a lot of them if he'd sell them to me for less. I'll check with him and get back to ya. :bravo:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well he doesnt have any p28s but he said he can chip some of the ones he has for like 200 bucks. Screw that, I'm just gonna try to sell my rims and get that full z6 with ex tranny and ecu for 600...crossing my fingers, I might already have a buyer for my rims so we'll see. he says he has p05's, p06's p74's, and some accord ones, he does a lot of f22 and h22 swaps so he doesnt have that great of a selection. if anybody is looking for a particular one i can ask him...they're only 25 bucks so let me know. :|

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of miles does it have on it???IQUOTE]

101k. but i'm thinking of overhauling it anyway that way i put in a prime motor and when it comes time to boost it should be well on its way. have you all seen that page about the break-in myths? i have a link to it if you haven't. its pretty interesting. i'm thinking about trying it out. anybody try it out yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts