Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if the d16z6 would be a good sawp for the d17, its pretty cheap, dont know norm price for......anyone?
please advise, any advice will work

·
Registered
1994 Honda Civic
489 Posts
i personally have never seen a obd1 motor in any 7th gen, i may have over looked it happening, but i'm not sure,

·
Registered
397 Posts
Really I don't recommend it to you. To swap on a 7th gen I just go with a K20. All other engine uses some parts and wires that it don't have or may need hard work to fit.

I know the D17 is a non-loved engine, everybody knows that. But before swap any older d-series I think is better do it with your own engine.

I think I can extract the same hp, or more, of that engine. It is a stroked D16 tuned for econommy.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swap

alright cool , the problem, i have a hard time finding a k20 motor in good condition for a price that isnt as much as i bought the car for, know any sites that has a k20 for less the 5k? also do you think it would it would just as good to find someone to make a bore/stroker kit for the d17 or just swap it?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright cool , the problem, i have a hard time finding a k20 motor in good condition for a price that isnt as much as i bought the car for, know any sites that has a k20 for less the 5k? also do you think it would it would just as good to find someone to make a bore/stroker kit for the d17 or just swap it?

·
Registered
397 Posts
blckd17 said:
also do you think it would it would just as good to find someone to make a bore/stroker kit for the d17 or just swap it?
What I am saying is the dimensions of the d17 are almost the same as the d16 (bore, rod length, deck height, etc.). The major difference is the stroke, the d17 have a stroke of 94.4mm and the d16 is 90.0mm.

For me I don't like the idea of swap older d-series engine because you have to swap some more parts just to have a little d-series. No matter, it is just my opinion, you do with your own car whatever you want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts