Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my car is a turbo. It was driving fIne and started fine yesterday. Today I started it fine. It sounds normal. Back off my drive way Literally drove 100 ft from my house and it started acting like it was dying then a check engine poPed up and the car died. I tried starting it and it would crank but not start. So I took it down the hill popes the clutch and it started and barely ran. It had no power at all and it was sputtering out black smoke at the tail pipe. I literally could Only go like 1 or 2 miles per hr and it kept on spittig black smoke out the exhaust. And then it died. I thought it was a gas issue so I put in a gallon and no luck... my fuel pump primes bc I can hear it. Could it be map sensor? Bc I got it wet with carb cleaner a few fees ago and it wouldn't start but it dried out and worked fine.. Could it be out? And I got my timing belt changed a few weeks ago.. Maybe it jumped a tooth? The car misfire at idle when it's warm. I checked compression a couple weeks ago and it was 150 all across.. Anybody know What it could be? Help please!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't have a reader so I need to tow it to a parts store or see if they would let me borrow there's. Lol but I don't even know If it's still there bc last time a check engine turn on it turn off when the car was turn off and re started

·
Registered
152 Posts
doesnt mean anything, code is saved in the ecu. i wanna say theres a way to manually check it (i have an obd2 scanner lol) but i couldnt tell you how....

if the car says hey, theres something wrong with me....its usally a good idea to just stop and check it out....who know's who you'll meet while your there, ive made some business off just popping my hood at the 'zone.

btw, the 'zone, advanced auto, napa they all rent tool's, if its a major label, theyll let you bum there shit...

for further knowledge, car jump's time you WILL know it, itll make a god awful noise (imagine exhaust/intake valves impacting on a piston) itll run like COMPLETE shit IMMEDIATELY, it'll be loud as fuck...its horrible, but i dont think thats the case here....

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
3,888 Posts
go to passenger side kick panel find service jumper connection and pop a paper clip in and then turn key to power on and read the blinks on your cluster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so i tried it and the cel did not flash but the srs did.. and then this weird noise came on by the map sensor it sounds like. wtf is this?!?!? here is a video of me trying it and then the noise

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
possibly. i had to replace my coil pack not to long ago... and it did misfire at idle when warm.. but could it be making that terrible noise?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I checked for sparks and all 4 of my plugs are getting spark. I got new cap and rotor for it to. Could it be the spark is not strong enough?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Did you pull codes yet? It may be a "tdc position sensor" fault or along those lines. Which is basically the distributor. Sure it will spark but it just isn't quite sure of WHEN to spark. Could be the coil but usually you get no spark at all if the coil is faulty. Pull codes man!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts