Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped a D16Z6 into my 94 civic cx car wouldnt start no power to fuel pump and no spark i let it sit for a couple days went back to it it started right up had strong spark and plenty of fuel then i put the radiator in and now it has no spark or fuel i have no clue what would make it do this please help it has a P28 ecu in it did the same thing with the the 1.5 ecu too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i put all the grounds on i tried cleaning them up a bit i have the ones on the tranny on too and everythings tight Ive never seen anything do this the speedo goes nuts too when i turn the key forward so lost

·
Registered
92 cx
42 Posts
are you sure there was no fuel and no spark. i had a fuel pump relay (main relay or what ever that thing is on the driverside kickpanel on my 92 civic) that would some times work and sometimes not work. I could not hear the fuel pump. but i don't know if it has anything to do with spark.
It could be your ignitor in the distributor, that can cause fuel and spark problems.

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
soudns like a bad ground. i'm not sure how a main relay goes out but i think if it would go out, it would completely take a shit. double chekc and recheck your grounds. I had a similar problem with my ej6 and it ended up being my ecu to a poop cus i didnt disconnect the battery when i was working on the dizzy. just a thought.

It wouldnt start. it was getting fuel tho. just no spark. and it started once then never again lol gl and keep us posted

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i use solder and shrink tubing if i cut stuff i just got it figured out i removed all the grounds and took a wire brush to them and one was looking pretty green so i replaced it with a new wire and now it runs perfect thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so you guys seemed to have some ideas for his problem and im glad that he fixed it himself, but can you guys possibly help me out with my problem. Kinda similar however a lil more custom work done from the sounds of it. I just rebuilt the head and replaced the headgasket and along the way my friend and I decided its time for a shave and a tuck. I have a D16z6. All wires that needed cut and lengthened have been soldered and shrink tubed. The ABS system has been completely removed. from the motor to the computer including all wires. Along with the SRS. the computer and airbags etc. replaced my steering wheel with a jdm 3 spoke honda wheel sans bags. custom delete tray for pass side. I connected everything back together. this is not the first time ive done this to the car however the first time ive removed the srs and abs. Now i am without power to the fuel pump from the relay and no power to the relay from the ecu. plus i am without spark or injection. I know the pump works because i hooked it up to its own relay and it kicks on with ignition however no spark or injection so it turns but doesnt start. we have been at it for about a month now. i even went as far as reinstalling the abs and srs components since removed and they didnt do anything. I have traced the schematics 100s of times finding all of the grounds. sanding. and cleaning. Im so lost and we have redone the engine harness now 3 times making sure all connection points are correct. I have even pulled the interior harness again and checked every wire for opens and breaks and nothing is wrong. ive even hit the junk yard for a different set of harnesses both engine and interior, (interior w/o abs) and nothing. Is there a failsafe or a bypass somewhere stopping all this from working. Thanks for listening. Any help clues or ideas are a definite plus. thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts