Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Acura EL
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so id like to quickly thank everyone who helped me out in my last post, it turned out to be cold weather that made the car act up on idle. Anyway, today i was driving home and my car randomly died while I was driving.. I was able to start it up right away with no problem and it continued fine for the rest of the trip home..

One thing I noticed was when it happened my speedometer surged up all the way to 80km/h then the engine turned off when i was originally doing 40 (there was traffic lol).

Anyone have any clues?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,296 Posts
check voltages, grounds, fuel filter, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, injectors......

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Duuuudddeee

This is the thing we all have. I bet you could change everything and it will still be there.

EVERYTHING

Until I changed the key cylinder

·
Registered
Acura EL
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has it continued to act up? Does it lose fuel pressure when it dies? Mine was shutting off while driving due to loss of fuel pressure. Turned out to be a bad map sensor.
while its running i have constant fuel pressure that's in the reasonable boundaries so i dont think its that

·
Registered
Acura EL
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I FOUND THE CAUSE, my ignition switch seems to be worn out. i went to start the car this morning and i put the key into accessory mode and nothing came on. i played with the wires a bit and bam everything was on. When the engine was running i played again with the wires and the engine immediately shut off.

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
Well found.

I have the same problem (very, very intermittently) on the Prelude. And it's a known thing on Accords once they go over 150,000 miles.

Perhaps it's a generic Honda issue?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
wiring just gets brittle with age. hardened wire jacket beats up the wires inside.

generally, ignition wiring, the pins themselves are loose or switch guts sloppy or corroded away. find its happy place, put a drop of hot glue on it. problem should be solved for the most part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so id like to quickly thank everyone who helped me out in my last post, it turned out to be cold weather that made the car act up on idle. Anyway, today i was driving home and my car randomly died while I was driving.. I was able to start it up right away with no problem and it continued fine for the rest of the trip home..

One thing I noticed was when it happened my speedometer surged up all the way to 80km/h then the engine turned off when i was originally doing 40 (there was traffic lol).

Anyone have any clues?
Fuel..air..spark....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts