Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for letting me post here. It's my very first attempt at rebuilding my d16 I really appreciate help along the way.

Anyway I just pulled the head off and now I see some markings on the cylinder walls and I was wondering what types of things would cause this as well as if it'll require a bore. They all seems to have cross hatch marks on them. Keep in mind nothing has been changed on this other than the oil and coolant plus it's 100% stock.

Now on cylinder 2 there's a weird mark which looks like something leaked down it but it's very smooth and also the only spot without the cross hatch. They all seem to have a blur mark in all of them around the same area, I'm not too sure if it's normal but doesn't look bad. The only thing that worries me the most is cylinder 2. How do you think it looks?

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Looks like the wall has been polished from the piston rocking during the firing stoke (normal) after many miles (if you pull the pistons you will see the same wear on the skirts of the pistons). Depending on how badly egg shaped the bore is now, you might be able to get away with a hone and a new set of pistons/rings...I would just over bore the next size larger and get the next size larger set of pistons to match the new bore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts