Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 sand viper
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to the Honda scene and looking to learn more about what I am doing
I started building a sand rail and wanted to know how you guys are building the d16z6 w/B000Mt
The engine will mostly living in the high rpms and lower gears do to trails and sand
Looking build the motor on the cheap side eBay parts etc..
Right now I have a d16z6 w/Mt, full wire harness out of 1995 del sol, and p28 non chipped ecu.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
See if you can find an old NA build of D15 from I think "Rushi"

You will know you are in the correct spot when you see thigns such as flywheel weight loss, crankshaft weight cutting, and complaints about the running engine staying "too cold" due to how efficient it was made. It tells how he switched the thermostat from bottom rad hose like factory to the upper hose to encourage more heat build up.

·
Registered
2006 sand viper
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See if you can find an old NA build of D15 from I think "Rushi"

You will know you are in the correct spot when you see thigns such as flywheel weight loss, crankshaft weight cutting, and complaints about the running engine staying "too cold" due to how efficient it was made. It tells how he switched the thermostat from bottom rad hose like factory to the upper hose to encourage more heat build up.
For sure I'll search for it.... I also have a spare m90 short snout I was thinking about using cutting up the z6 manifold and mounting it on there

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
As long as you can flip the rotation. Not all superchargers allow this.

·
Registered
2006 sand viper
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pre checked the rotation clockwise push air out the outlet....correct me if I'm wrong does the d16z6 crank pulley spin clockwise as well...
Also what are you guys opinions on welding the differential in the transmission??

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
The D/B/F/H series honda motors in FWD format spin COUNTER clockwise. This is why reversing the supercharger has been mentioned.

The only superchargers on the market that spin counterclockwise (other than dedicated D and B series kits) are the Vortec units, which would of course blow the stock D series motors to dust and shrapnel.

Welding the differential on a FWD car is not recommended, especially if you have grippy tires. If it was a dedicated drag car, it would be fine to recommend.

·
Registered
2006 sand viper
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The D/B/F/H series honda motors in FWD format spin COUNTER clockwise. This is why reversing the supercharger has been mentioned.

The only superchargers on the market that spin counterclockwise (other than dedicated D and B series kits) are the Vortec units, which would of course blow the stock D series motors to dust and shrapnel.

Welding the differential on a FWD car is not recommended, especially if you have grippy tires. If it was a dedicated drag car, it would be fine to recommend.
I know about the issues with welding the diff on a fwd car but the engine is in the rear so I think ima try it my theory is the the sand and dirt will give it enough spin in the corners not to snap axles but I could be wrong....
This thing will be strictly for offroad "rez-romper"

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
well shit, rear mounted setup, easy peazy, weld that bitch up. Just realize you still have large risk of axle breaking, so might be worth a set of Insane or DriveShaft SHop axles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts