Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am attempting a rebuild on my 1.6 D16Z6. But had a couple questions like a complete list of all tools needed, and is it possible to do this rebuild while engine still in? or do I need to take it out? I do not currently have an engine hoist but I can go buy one. I also have a work car so I dont need to rush anything. Also I wanna upgrade to higher performance pistons etc any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
its always good to rebuild, as far as taking the motor out, it all depends on how far u want to go... if your doing rod bearings and pistons you can do it in the car.

if your doing a full rebuild all gaskets and seals(recomended) then motor must come out , so everything will get changed all bearings, all gaskets and seals...

as far as pistons-- are u doing all motor or boost???
they are cheap alternatives like vitara pistons for boost or jdm zc(pm7) pistons for higher cr ratio... it all depends on what your goals are!!

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
whoa whoa whoa whoa. first off. make it easier on yourself. take the motor out. rent a hoist. grab you a set of metric wrenches and sockets. some lube, a good torqe wrench, get new seals and gaskets, rings, mearings thrust washers, a hone u can put on a drill. time beer ganga

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all. im from malaysia and my name kuacie.. need some lesson from all of you here..

im using d15b vtec engine.. and thinking to upgrade to d16z6 block.. is it any modification at water hole n oil hole if i put my d15b vtec head onto d16z6 block..?? hope all here can share some idea with me.. at my place,people love to build b-series engine n it's hard to me to build my d-series engine... thanksss...

·
Registered
231 Posts
whoa whoa whoa whoa. first off. make it easier on yourself. take the motor out. rent a hoist. grab you a set of metric wrenches and sockets. some lube, a good torqe wrench, get new seals and gaskets, rings, mearings thrust washers, a hone u can put on a drill. time beer ganga
what he said. luckily the motor is incredibly easy to work on with the basic tools and an understanding what you're doing. unless you have hands the size of a 10-yr old girl's i'd recommend yanking the motor and rebuilding on a stand. cleanliness and elbow room go a long way...

good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
this, engine out is a million times easier then with the engine in.

when the engine is out almost everything is the difficulty of replacing the valve cover gasket lol. since its all right there in front of you, no tight corners

·
Registered
1992 honda civic
327 Posts
this, engine out is a million times easier then with the engine in.

when the engine is out almost everything is the difficulty of replacing the valve cover gasket lol. since its all right there in front of you, no tight corners
agreed, they're easy to pull out to start with. i'll never try to do it in the car again (sounds kinda dirty but you know)

·
Registered
72 Posts
good tip thou if removing the pulley is to do this when its on your car still. i had to take my whole engine block to a local car shop just to get this bolt out... but still get the engine outof the car and get a nice "clean"work table. lots and lots of bags and some tape and marker to write which bolt is from which item

1 - 10 of 10 Posts