Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new to this site. I recently purchased a 95 si coupe and i have done a couple of things already. Skunk 2 pro lowering springs, full camber kit, subaru sti rims gold, s200 type r momo steering wheel and shifter, JDM fogs etc. But now that winter is creeping up i want to get ready to build her up for some boost. I am having trouble on certain brands and what i need to build the engine so it can handle the compression and what ever else for full PSI of boost. i was hoping you guys can help me out on what i will need so i dont blow the motor or ruin the car. the car is championship white with carbon fiber hood and trunk and JDM fenders. someone please help.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Why do you have to explain what the car has and what it looks like if your wanting to know about building a motor? :gives:

You didnt tell us the shit we really needed to know..

What motor do you plan on buiding? the stock z6?

How deep are your pockets? with out bull shitting us..

Whats your goals? be realistic..

And just remember PSI dont mean shit!! PSI dont fuck shit up, HP does..

Son you have alot to learn and alot of reading to do, we dont like to spoon feed..

:trysearch:

·
Registered
Duramax
29 Posts
Why do you have to explain what the car has and what it looks like if your wanting to know about building a motor? :gives:

You didnt tell us the shit we really needed to know..

What motor do you plan on buiding? the stock z6?

How deep are your pockets? with out bull shitting us..

Whats your goals? be realistic..

And just remember PSI dont mean shit!! PSI dont fuck shit up, HP does..

Son you have alot to learn and alot of reading to do, we dont like to spoon feed..

:trysearch:
What he said!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry lol
my pockets are on a $2500 budget if i need more ill throw some more in
i want to boost my stock z6
my goals are to tune a D16z6 because its not a common thing near me everyone has gsr's and b16
one guy said to me he will smoke my ass in a quarter mile with his b17 even if i put boost to my engine so i want to prove him wrong.
what should i be buying

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks if you could give me names of the parts I need that would be great I found a couple articles that gave me ideas of the build.

1.Vitara pistons/FLJ rods-$400
headgasket-$100
ACL bearings-$50
thrust washers-$20
oil pump-$200
timing belt-$100
Turbo kit-$1000 or less

2.ARP headstuds-$150
turbo kit-$1000 or less
injectors-$200
fuel pump-$100
ecu-$200
tuning-??

What's the better way to go?

·
Registered
a civic
24 Posts
You have two different builds there. You need a goal dude, If you only want 200whp you dont need the rod/piston combo, but if you can afford it why not shoot for 300+. Do you understand the concept that we cant help you if you dont set a goal of some sort. Youtube+google+this site+any other forum this topic has been gone over

·
Registered
841 Posts
You didint tell me what kinda shape your z6 is in, is it prime or half blown up and how many miles??

And i hope you aint some dumb ricer that likes to street race..

You need number goals, i dont need to know what car/motor you wanna beat, that dont mean shit.

You will be fine with a OEM build and piecing a good kit together, shoot for the 200whp mark since your a noob and so you can get the taste of it, any thing over 200whp on a stock D is getting ballsy. But alot of it depends on the tunner as well.

Build 1 will give you more to play around with, but your missing alot of stuff that you will need in build 1, bigger injectors, ARP head studs, Fuel pump, tunning software, and if your gonna tear the whole motor down then replace ALL you gaskets instead of just the head gasket, etc...

Your build 2, you might as well add more stuff to also, you have shit flopped around to much..

You dont really have a clue on what your doing, i know this is a site where people come to get help at, but all the questions that most of you noobs asked are already answered more then at least 5 times, thats no bs either, you gotta search and dig up some shit, we cant spoon food you all the time. Come back with some better accurate info and we will base it from what you have learned.

And i think that stevo kid might as well find him self another site to post on, or he will find him self banned pretty damn quick, not gonna tolerate that from some noob, and i dont get why he queted my post and then ended up making his own, i guess he just figured out how to do the google thing becuase people done it to him :bigok:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts