Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my d16z6 rebuilt with new stock parts by a recommended builder. installed eveything and tried to start but no luck. tried to move the crank pully by hand and only moves a few degrees in either direction. looks like clutch rivets hit transmission casing(si). used exedy stock replacement clutch kit. tried 2 and still same problem. is there only one way the crank can be installed? or can it be adjusted from left to right?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
motor spins ok on engine stand. when i installed flywheel and clutch it still spun ok by hand. when i united tranny with block, clutch rivets hits parts inside tranny housing. tried 2 different pressure plates and same thing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the rivets on the outer portion of the pressure plate when it is manufactured. i believe there is three of them[ ill try to find a pic ]i installed the flywheel, disc and pressure plate accordingly and torqed the flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts in a crisscross pattern. i just hope the crank was installed correctly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tranny was good. only motor was rebuilt. even in neutral i try to turn the motor with crank pully. i did not see the parts going in. so the crank only sits in one way? i have read about thrust washers being left out or installed incorrectly. can that possibly make the crank shift right or left when being installed?

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
it will work with out the thrush washers
so let me ask one more time sorry lol trying to help ya

tanny off with the pressure plate, clutch and flywheel on the motor the crank will spin and spin with no problems correct?
but with the tranny on you spin the crank and it stops like its hitting something right?

·
Registered
99 civic ex
111 Posts
sounds like the tranny is in gear thats why u can only turn crank a lil to the left or right. and with the tranny off the block it spins ok, with the tranny off can u turn the input shaft of the tranny? if u cant turn ur input shaft ur tranny is in gear.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
correct, it spins fine with flywheel, clutch combo. and yes it does sound like something is hitting with tranny on. took tranny back off and saw that rivets on pressure plate had marks on them. went back to auto parts and got a whole new clutch kit. reinstalled clutch and mated tranny to block and same problem. if i installed disk wrong, pressure plate would not go on right? i can spin the shaft with tranny off. i did it to put urea grease on.

·
Registered
99 civic ex
111 Posts
I would double check the flywheel and take ur old clutch up 2 the auto store with u,, did u put ur starter in lol that will make the motor not turn, lol

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what way does the disk go. raised part with springs toward pressure plate or flywheel?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts