Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying this ej1 but the dood said the engine was shot he rebuilt the head but says that it needs bottom rebuild he has everything but rods to build it. but i asked what happend to why it had blown he told me he was driving and the oil pump stopped working and then the rod started knocking. someone told me a bearing would be spun before a rod started knocking was wondering what you all thought or what i should do. thanks. how much would you offer on a complete stock ej1 looks good paint wise but has some rust on quarters needs bumper support and bumper cover and the engine problems like i just explained.

appericate it guys.
thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol its fresh tho. i mean i found another z6 block for 100 with 120k miles i just dont know what to do. lol i dont wanna fuck myself over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i only have 1000 to spend

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah. couldnt find any within price range. =/

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
keep looking

apparently the guy told him he needs 2 new rods cuz its got a slight knock? wtf

if your gunna get the car have someone who has been inside a honda motor to go with you and look at it and get bearings put in it somewhere local.. or maybe someone on here would like to go through a step by step procedure explaining how to rebuild a motor for you

or you could alwayse do what i said when u first asked me and get a hanes manual

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No doubt ima get a haynes manual for sure.
i mean if it all comes down to it i can always find another z6 block right?

·
Registered
667 Posts
i say...just chill and wait for a better deal
i found a flawless sedan (if youre into that kinda stuff haha)
down here in hawaii (even with the salty sea air no rust)but the motor went out
for 400, it was driven by an old man

if i had room i woulda picked that thing up in a heartbeat

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats in hawaii there is shit up here in kentucky dood. lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha i know its stupid!
what part are you from?

·
Registered
667 Posts
no dude there is shit in hawaii
EFs EGs in decent condition are hard to come by
theyre either riced out or been sitting in someone's yard for years

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol thats how it is here. if you dont find some over priced shell you'll get bodykit spoilerd decal'd out cars its dumb. most of em here are rusted out. or have damage. i look everyday for another posting. so i guess we'll see if i cant find anything soon tho im gonna have to get the other one.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
I've seen a couple very clean very fast very bad ass cars come out of Kentucky. Just wait. You will find a deal. If not Search a larger radius and be willing to drive a bit. I know I could always find you a car within a couple hundred miles of me for a decent price. You would have to come get it though. Patience bud.

Shells will go for sub $1000 all day. Then just find a good condition stock motor or rebuild one on a budget put it in and call it a day... for a while.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how far of a drive is that? and it has to be 1000 or lower wanting an ej1. id drive it if it was a good deal. ha i just gotta get a car for work and school. but yeah ima hangout for a bit and see what happens first.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts