Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to turbo my d16z6 is there anything someone would suggest me to do to prepare engine for the turbo ?and what kind of turbo would be best for most power ? any info on what not to do? info would be appreciated

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
depends on what you want. you could get some LS rods shot peened and machined to work with ARP bolts depending on boost levels. if your ~8 or under stock is fine, just get some RP bolts. over 10, you may want to get some new rods and pistons. Fel-Pro HG FTW. And def. ARP headstuds no matter what. And a good tune

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
my buddy runs about 12 lbs on his delsol with stock internals all he did was over-torque the head bolts a little, put a walbro in-line fuel pump,full MSD,and 450cc injectors, and its been runing like that for months, and let me tell u thats a nasty little bastard!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
ohhh and a p28 with a chip

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to run high 11's but thanks for info will start with new head gaskets and i heard of the ls rods can fit motor will do that too but if have any more info would be appreciated thanks to people who already gave info

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want to run 11's there is ALOT i mean ALOT of stuff you have to do to get there...... I myself hit a 12.7 in my old y8... if you want more info pm me/ i'll help you out as much as possible

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
i want to run high 11's but thanks for info will start with new head gaskets and i heard of the ls rods can fit motor will do that too but if have any more info would be appreciated thanks to people who already gave info
high 11's is a goal thats going to be hard to reach, you need to make sure you have suspension and traction to start with. lsd, tires, springs ....ect..
second your going to need a good running motor.

and then a good turbo capable of running your desired psi. a manifold that will flow well and finally a tuning system and a tuner that will allow you to make power to get you into 11's

my self in a jdm d15b crx si. gutted with kyb agx's nuspeed springs. greddy kit s100 tuned by the best i know of. obx-r lsd, 7lb fidanza, street tires or d/r, ect ect ect.

on stock internals . rods,pistons,sleeves
im hoping for low 12's i think you need to set your sights a lil higer (12's) or you will be let down.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
I don't think your going to get into the 11's without a built motor (well, maybe once or twice...) A 2500 lb. car takes at least 300whp to get into the 11's. Your other option is to gut the car I suppose. A 2000 lb. car only needs 230whp or so. Cory's also right about needing to be able to put the power to the ground.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
High 11s is possible for a stock z6 but the motor is going to be pushing over its limits. Just make sure you get yourself a mad agressive tune for it. But its something you shouldn't try if it's your DD car and you don't have spare motor for backup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts