Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any cheap decent d16z6 pistons. I need to get my motor running but I don't want to spend 300 something for forged pistons. I might boost later on, not too much though, maybe 7 - 10 psi. Not looking for more than 250 hp. I know of the vitara pistons but i'm concerned about the low compression. I won't be boosting for a while. Is it okay to run low compression with no boost? Will it be sluggish? I've seen NPR pistons on ebay, is that an okay brand? I'm really just looking for something close to oem spec/ quality without the oem price. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Btw. Are there any cheap oem spec rods? Are tuner toys rods the cheapest decent quality rods?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Compression is power, the lower the comp the lower your power. but at the same time lowering your comp is making your engine safer for forced induction.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
get the vitara pistons and shave the head to gain more compression. tuner toy rods are the best forged rod for the price. just got to get the block notched. oh yeah when boosting you need to remember to do it right and not to cheap out. going fast cost money. better yet if your not ready money wise buy piece by piece and be patient. or start a savings account to fund your build nobody ever said its cheap with this lifestyle. think about it:D

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
well if you go with the STD bore vitaras, remember this. Mine were .004 smaller than my OEM pistons. So that calls for no matter what .0040 piston/wall clearence. Id get the over bore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay if I get the vitara pistons, how much much should i shave off the head to get close to stock compression. and what is a good piston to wall clearance? I'm really just looking to get to stock performance right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts