Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the hose i have that connects my pcv valve to my intake manifold has dry rot and has caused it to crack and needs replaced. i tried swapping with a fuel line since i was unable to find the needed part at local auto stores. however the fuel line couldn't withstand the vacuum and collapsed. The d16z6 i have read is different from the rest of the d series engine in regards to the pcv valve position, thus I am having trouble finding the part to replace this online. i was hoping someone may be able to help, either verify that one works or suggest an alternative. sorry if this is the wrong section or foolish question.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,525 Posts
take it to autozone with you and ask to look at their vacuum line selection. find a hose that's long enough. profit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i went to autozone and advance they had no pcv hoses. tried the fuel hose it kinked, tried to extend the length to avoid kink and it collapsed under vacuum.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,525 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vacuum line wont kink when i try to apply that bend on it, any other line i tried did. the stock is hard formed into 2 90 degree bends. i was thinking my better option may be setting up an inline catch can so i can route out of the way. ideally i wanted to remain oem. but if you think the vacuum line wont kink ill give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t use the Y7/Y8 style PCV with a right angle and install it right in the black box, then you can make a nice sweeping arc with your hose and feed it back to the IM. Or just angle it down by the subframe and let it breathe freely. I’m using 5/16 fuel hose and it doesn’t collapse. It’s only pulling ~20 mm of vacuum

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
I just had to replace mine on my Z6 in the last two weeks. I went to O'Reilly's and bought a Prestone hose. It has worked fine. It's been on for a couple weeks (while tuning, mind you) and has held up.

EDIT - This hose is a Prestone hose and literally called a "Crankcase Vent Hose"...Seem much more solid than the crap you buy by the foot. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i went and got the prestone hose and picked up a pcv grommet set. I went to replace the hose and grommet, while removing the old grommet i busted it off, then trying to extract it further i destroyed the hose the grommet was attached to. Because it is actually one piece no grommet goes in there. now i am contemplating what i should do. i was thinking i should take my right angle pcv valve and install it into the black box and just doing the longer arc up to the IM. does this all work fine just bypassing the original hole, it seems it was just an extension to keep things tidy. if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions im open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i attempted to put my pcv directly into the black box. however i could not get it to lock into place. is this because it has slightly smaller length than the fitting already attached?now i am left to believe i must find an oversized hose to combine the 2 fittings so i can install everything properly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so i was able to get my pcv valve to stay connected to the black box. i from there just ran the prestone crankcase hose to the IM vacuum. i routed it the same way as original i just removed the hose and fitting that were originally connected to the black box. I have no collapsing or kinked hose. i assume that this setup will work just fine and there are no issues with it. if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated. Now my valve cover port is still blowing air which i thought was not the way Honda intended. if pcv was working correctly the vacuum from the IM was supposed to pull air through the valve cover port into the head and then out of the pcv and into the IM to be reintroduced into combustion chamber and out the exhaust. Please correct me if im wrong on anything. i always want to learn more.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
I re-configured my setup as well. However, I'm running a catch can so my setup is a little more complicated.

If you got the valve in there and there isn't an air leak / idle change and you don't have oil traveling up the hose, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
everything looks good guys, thanks for the help and suggestions. as of now everything seems fine, besides what i believe to be an unrelated idle issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok sorry to bring back but my issues are not resolved, but an update i actually started having some idle issues after this replacement. i believe my 90 degree pcv valve didnt fit as nicely as i thought. i was able to pop it right back out. i will be grabbing a very short length hose to connect my 90 degree valve with the straight thru piece that was in the black box. i will inform if this solves my issue. thanks again guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts