Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have a question, i have a vtec head, and a full z6 motor, im about to do the mpfi swap tomarrow so thatll be done first, im wondering if i should do a mini me to the 91 hatch or swap in the whole z6???

either way would it be better to get a obd0-obd1 converter and run a p28 or would it be better to just use the obd0 si ecu and use a vafc??? from what ive seen a vafc would be easier to wire up, but im not sure, any tips would be appreciated...

also if i convert to obd1 and use the p28 will i have to use a 4 wire o2 ??? and if i use the si wiring harness would the z6 motor be a plug and play operation??? ive got swapping experience (8 or 9 trannys, 2 mini me's and 2 motor swaps so i know whta im doing SOMEWHAT)

my only problem with this is im putting a motor in a car it wasnt meant for so im afraid of screwing something up, any tips would be AWESOME...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think that if you allready have the spare head -just do the mini me for now and build the z6 for later .................

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops and YES do the conversion my car ran so much better after with the p28,you can pick up a p28 on ebay for like 150-200 and get the conversion from jkobdconversions.com ---jason builds killer harnesses and has a good rep on honda-tech (they go for 160.00 shipped i think

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did the z6 swap, obd1 conversion, with the jk harness got it for 105 :) best thing i ever did

1 - 4 of 4 Posts