Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
any specific reason you want to stay with hydro trans. try google tho there are a few "kits" out. if you are really insistent on keeping the hydro trans why not just convert the car to hydro over a "kit" to run in a cable chassis

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its a kit that just runs a steel braided line from the master to the slave no hard lines... i dont mind going cable but i wanted n ex/si trany.. and all the mounts ive been seeing are hella expensive

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
well its a kit that just runs a steel braided line from the master to the slave no hard lines... i dont mind going cable but i wanted n ex/si trany.. and all the mounts ive been seeing are hella expensive
there is a short geared ex and si cable trans. the ex cable trans has a different final than the si though. that being said. IMO i wouldnt even try to hassle with a "conversion" kit, id sell that hydro trans and search for a 88-91 si trans from a crx or hatch, or if you dont mind a slightly longer final a 90-91 civic 4door ex trans. but to answer your main question i havent seen the kit your talkin about sorry. if i find it ill send a link your way.

·
Registered
99 civic hatch
2,015 Posts
Innovative mounts or Hasport sells the full true conversion mount kit. I actually have one but im not sure if i will well it. You can run either a Hush 22 or Suja1 true hydro clutch conversion which uses a bracket to mount a master cylinder near the pedal. Then it takes a stainless line and runs to the slave cylinder. I recommend Innovative Mounts conversion for price reasons.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Ef, RC auto works has the line your talking about. I saw some one selling it on here for 55 last week. Check our for sale.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
he cant not enough posts to see them. but now that i think of it yes there was one for around that price.
Oh ya 65 posts to buy or sell here. Start asking questions EF!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I went ahead and got the hasport efdhc mount kit. It doesnt come with the acual motor mounts just the conversion stuff. Its expensive, if your on a budget, the conversion kit itself is close to 400 and then additional 400 for the actual motor mounts from hasport. I wish they came all together. What I did was just fill the stock mounts with 3m window weld and use the efdhc conversion. Motor does not move or rock at all.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would stick to cable as they will be cheaper and most people don't use them unless in their EF series cars. Hydro trannys are gonna run about 100+ dollars higher and imo not worth it.

·
Registered
99 civic hatch
2,015 Posts
The only pro to having a hydro tranny, that i can think of, is the ability to run an extreme clutch and pp without having the issues with stretching the cable. That is if you do a true conversion like i will be doing. I don't want to deal with replacing clutch cables all the time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like a hydro pedal...wish my CRX had one!
I will agree the feeling of a hydro pedal is better imo too, but still not worth the hassle unless you already have everything to do it or plan on spending 600.oo on a pointless swap (personally). Is there a significant difference between the cable and hydro si trannys bone?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts