Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
You need a bolt for the black box.
It does like to leak at its oring.

Also being on the exhaust normally means the trans is leaking and the axle is sping oil around.

Clean everything up really good. Then throw some baby powder on then motor. Once it leaks it should make a clear trail to the source

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I checked the transmission today and cleaned off all the oil. Forsure its not coming from the transmission. Definitely a small leak from the Black Box but not enough to cover the exhaust. Should I try replacing the Oil Pan Gasket? Thats where most of the oil seems to accumulate.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I checked the transmission today and cleaned off all the oil. Forsure its not coming from the transmission. Definitely a small leak from the Black Box but not enough to cover the exhaust. Should I try replacing the Oil Pan Gasket? Thats where most of the oil seems to accumulate.
You can replace the pan gasket. Just remember leaks dont go up.
Its still possible the axle is spinning the oil and throwing it once it keaks tho.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,517 Posts
You can replace the pan gasket. Just remember leaks dont go up.
Its still possible the axle is spinning the oil and throwing it once it keaks tho.
Black box leaks do go upward thanks to the aero turbulence under the car. It will even get to the starter area on the trans. Check PCV valve as well.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Black box leaks do go upward thanks to the aero turbulence under the car. It will even get to the starter area on the trans. Check PCV valve as well.
never had that happen.
Only time i had the starter get some oil is when the dizzy o ring leak and drip down.

my black box simply drip down on to the back of the motor right above the oil pan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts