Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because of the y8 oiling problems could you run a z6 and still be obd2 because doesnt the z6 not have a crank position sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wanted to know if you could make a z6 emissions legal in a obd2 2000 ex. Would all the sensors plug right up from the y8 or does the y8 have extra sensors. someone told me about the crank postion sensor or some sensor on the oil pump that the y8 has and the z6 doesnt have which would throw a cel and make it not pass emissions test.

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
i wanted to know if you could make a z6 emissions legal in a obd2 2000 ex. Would all the sensors plug right up from the y8 or does the y8 have extra sensors. someone told me about the crank postion sensor or some sensor on the oil pump that the y8 has and the z6 doesnt have which would throw a cel and make it not pass emissions test.

this is true. you could just swap out oil pumps so that the z6 would have a y8 oil pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but then i would be in the same boat i am in now with the bad y8 oil pump. i just want to make sure when i throw some money in this motor to build it that the bearing dont crap out on me because of the pump.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
if he switched to a z6 pump with a y5/y7/y8 block how would he check his oil?? just port your stock oil pump and shim it and you will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts