Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched all over the net and not finding the answers I need. Here is the rundown: Popped the motor in my 98 civic d16y8, I have been given a complete 93 civic ex with a d16z6. My tuner threw up a few points that I need to address. I'm running Hondata S300 on a P28 with conversion harness, have pig tails for the RC550 injectors. What electrical problems will I be running into as far as vtec, distributor, tbs or any type of electrical hook ups? Can I just take the obd2 components off of my dead Y8 and put them on the Z6 so that hook up wise everything will be smooth? I have the entire 93 electrical harness, do I swap that out without having some sort of electrical degree? I'm just not sure of what problems I will have with this replacement and want to be very clear before the problems pop up. If anyone has come across any of this maybe doing a head swap or something, I would appreciate the knowledge.

·
Registered
314 Posts
well, since obd1 and 2 have different connectors, such as the alternator, dizzy, and a few others, it would be wise to install a obd1 harness, and remove the obd2. there are no real major differences between the two except for emissions crap, the wires are pretty much the same, only difference is the plugs. If you wish, splice them, i would suggest getting a obd1 harness.

·
Registered
139 Posts
ttt

=BH=Turbo said:
I have searched all over the net and not finding the answers I need. Here is the rundown: Popped the motor in my 98 civic d16y8, I have been given a complete 93 civic ex with a d16z6. My tuner threw up a few points that I need to address. I'm running Hondata S300 on a P28 with conversion harness, have pig tails for the RC550 injectors. What electrical problems will I be running into as far as vtec, distributor, tbs or any type of electrical hook ups? Can I just take the obd2 components off of my dead Y8 and put them on the Z6 so that hook up wise everything will be smooth? I have the entire 93 electrical harness, do I swap that out without having some sort of electrical degree? I'm just not sure of what problems I will have with this replacement and want to be very clear before the problems pop up. If anyone has come across any of this maybe doing a head swap or something, I would appreciate the knowledge.
Go to rywire.com I think the conversion harness is 75.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts