Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I recently picked up a 93 Del Sol Si. Love the car but now it wont start. I've been scouring the internet and have been coming up short trying to get the car back up and running so any help would be very much appreciated!!

To start off, the car was running great up until this point and i've been quite happy with my purchase. As part of routine maintenance I've replaced the distributor cap & rotor, spark plug wires, spark plugs, and timing/accessory belts.

The issue began randomly one day while I was driving home from work. I was cruising down the road around 45/50 mph when the engine cut off. I pulled over, called AAA and had it towed home. That night i was tinkering and realized i wasn't getting any spark.

So i starting poking around the distributer and found I was getting power and resistance everywhere I'm supposed to according to my Haynes manual. For shits and giggles i check the ignition switch which has power both in and out. I read online it could be my ECU so i grabbed an unmodified used one from a running car and still nothing (it was a P28 btw). I then, just to see, went out a bought a new distributer and threw it in and still nothing.

On a side note my fuel is working, we can smell it when cranking.

Also, while removing the distributor I broke the VTEC oil sensor but its to my understanding that this would not prevent the car from running if it fails..?

Any help would be very much appreciated! I'm stumped and could use some guidance!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Do you have 12 volts at the big black/yellow wire at the distributor plug harness side?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I DO NOT have spark. i pulled a plug, put it in the spark plug wire and held it to a ground and nothing :-/

Yes i checked voltage and resistance and im good. not to mention i replaced the whole distributor

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts
main relay? ignition itself?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,289 Posts
when you put the key in the on position but engine off does cel turn on and fuel pump prime?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not hear it prime but I def can smell fuel when i crank the engine with the spark plug out (to check for spark)

I read check the main relay but i also read elsewhere, while researching this, that I wouldn't have fuel if the relay was bad.

CEL does stay on but i do not have a scan tool to check the codes its throwing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
on your passensger side behind the kick panel by the ecu look for the little blue connector thats not connected to anything jump it with a paper clip or wire and turn your ignition to on and record the blinks. it will tell you what the engine light is on for.
if your not getting spark its gotta be something distributor related. ignitor, rotor and cap wires or bad spark plugs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok great thank you guys I'm gonna check both of these and I'll report back.

Thanks a lot!!

·
4,466 Posts
where abouts in florida are you?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im in Brandon but flying out to Vegas for a week today so I'll have to get back to this when I get home. I did look for the jumper connection but couldnt locate it. There was a green rectangle but not a small blue one. I looked all over in that area and followed the wiring where i could but nothing. Ill post a picture in a few but there isnt one there :-/

I'll be checking the fuel when I return

·
4,466 Posts
that green rectangle is the rubber casing the connector sits in if Im not mistaken.

and theres a few members over that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts