Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im clearly new to the whole nitrous thing. But i just picket up a brand new zex dry kit #82011 for 200$ so i couldnt resist. i have a basically stock z6, just I/H/E, stage 3 clutch, lightweight flywheel. so after i install it i know i have to retard my timing a few degree's and run colder spark plugs. so basically my question now is what should i do from here to be safe? ill only be running a 55 shot. The kit its self incorporates a WOT switch so i know that'll help from leaning out while spraying. It says its got so called "Active Fuel Control" "which monitors the nitrous bottle pressure and adjusts fuel enrichment to achieve the perfect mixture. This ensures your engine will never run too rich or too lean when you engage the nitrous system."-What does this mean? Can i be spraying Through out the RPM range?

Thanks in advance for you help.. i just wanna making sure i'll be spraying as safe as possible...

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Thats a good kit.

Basically, its a dry kit that has a regulator that regulates down the nitrous pressure and puts pressure on the fuel pressure regulator, boosting fuel pressure, and enriching fuel.
It doesnt enrich fuel perfectly, because the fuel map isnt flat, but it does a pretty good job on a small shot like that.

Read the instructions and hook it up right and you should be fine.
Like you said, colder plugs, possibly retard the base timing a tiny bit if you have to, and use as high of octane gas as you can regularly get. If you cna get 93 you shouldnt need to retard the timing at all.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
see the ZEX in my username???

trans (transmissions) + ZEX dry = transzex.

55 shot on stock plugs and timing will be fine.

The Active Fuel Control is a bunch of bullshit. There is no regulator!!!

Some of the bottle pressure is use to clamp down the FPR to boost the fuel pressure. Keep bottle pressure around 900 psi for best results. I only ran 93 octane when I went above 75 shot.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I bouth this kit recently for 50$ without jets and bottle, i plan running 75shot. I have wb, ostrich...is there any chance of tuning with this set up, because of the regulator, or just leave it with tps wired up...

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
i also read that i shouldnt be spraying before 3k, is this true with this kit?
its is true period. There is not enough velocity below 3k to keep it from pooling up in the intake mani.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
i love dry kits they are the most easiest and most effective in my opinion with a tune. research the do's and dont's of nitrous and just be smart. i would help you out but this question but this is so basic the answers are everywhere. just do your research bro and you will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts