Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in California and i have a D16z6 the needs a new head it is warped not to mention my timing belt snapped. i want to rebuild the motor to be really reliable and fun, here is what i was thinking.

stage one bisimoto cam
bisimoto pro valve springs and retainers
stock valves
aem cam gear
ported and honed intake and polished exhaust ports
thee angel valve job
balance combustion chamber
water jacket block guard
high compression pistons (balanced)
stock rods (balanced)
stock crank (balanced)
stock oil pump
ooo yeah and a fogger NO2 kit

i will also have the deck resurfaced and the cylinders bored just one size up.

that is just the motor
the ecu will probably be a hondata
it will be a track car but ill drive it on the streets some times ha ha.

let me know if you have any advice or things i should change or upgrade. to make it more powerful, the nitrous is really only for fun. i thought about turbo but i live in California so if i got pulled over with that instant state ref. but i can hid or take the nitrous off if i need to.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
That is mostly a good plan. I want a three angel valve job, too. That would be heavenly. :p All joking aside, ditch the block gaurd. What pistons are you planning on using? A stage 1 cam on a VTEC engine is kinda silly, IMO.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
stage one cam = retarded, if your going to spend the money, make it worth it
stock rods = equaly retarded, you will have this little beast of a motor, with tooth pics for rods. if you are going to upgrade, atleast upgrade the part that needs it the most. And another $300 is not that much compared to what you are already spending. Get yourself some fjt i-beams, no notching required, great compression....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want a stage one cam maybe a stage two but i don't want the idle too rough. but i think im going to run CP pistons. i have heard ditch the block guard but i think if anything it will just help the head gasket seal and prevent cylinder warpage. just 75 bucks for some reliability is not too much to pay.

today i just started to bore and hone my intake ports.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
i have heard ditch the block guard but i think if anything it will just help the head gasket seal and prevent cylinder warpage.
Wrong and wrong.

Adding a heat sink into a system where it wasn't designed to go is not going to help your headgasket seal or prevent your cylinders from warping, especially since most people/shops don't have a clue how to install them correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts