3,566 Posts
I would stay N/A but thats just my $.02
Don

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well where as SOHCinWa would know everyone in washington runs a b-series and im looking to beat out a decent bit of stock b-series if that helps.

·
Registered
826 Posts
go greddy turbo kit and tune with crome. easy decent forced induction power. and its reliable too

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
I would stay N/A but thats just my $.02
Don
care to explain why?

im running a stage 3 cammed zc vtec (jdm z6) and it isnt fast enough.. i have 99.9% of the turbo parts here and they will be goign on asap.. imo turbo is the way to go with a sohc..
ill have under 2k with my whole setup, all namebrand quality parts.. and throw down around 230 whp.... thats about 100 more than im at now na.....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Like I have always said, IMO an N/A D powered car is more fun than a boosted one. (I have had a few boosted motors).. Yeah they are cool. But coming up to a light and having some "dipstick" thinking he is so fast. Then when he gets smoked, he comes up with all kinds of reasons why he lost or got beat by a naturally aspirated D motor.. Thats more fun than anything.

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
Like I have always said, IMO an N/A D powered car is more fun than a boosted one. (I have had a few boosted motors).. Yeah they are cool. But coming up to a light and having some "dipstick" thinking he is so fast. Then when he gets smoked, he comes up with all kinds of reasons why he lost or got beat by a naturally aspirated D motor.. Thats more fun than anything.
i figure right now i probably run 14s... with the turbo low low 13s are definitely doable at 10-12 psi for me...
modding you car 1 way or the other just so you can say "you got beat by an na sohc" is stupid imo... i just want to be fast.. 99% of the people i race dont know my setup and never will....

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Thats true. Most people dont know all I have either. Or they may think they know. Everyone has their own opinion. Like I said that is just mine... My DD with the new Bisi head will be in the low 12's respectively according to Bisi himself.. But mine is carbed not injected also.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I personally think that force feeding these damn poorly flowing heads is the way to go... but I've had fun with a few NA builds. Just depends on what you want out of it. And as far as reliability goes, I've actually lost more d-series to NA than I have boost.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
And as far as reliability goes, I've actually lost more d-series to NA than I have boost.
Out of all the D motors I have built, the only ones I grenade are the ones I put too much nitrous to.

·
Registered
269 Posts
But if i was to go N/A could i be beating stock b-series or would a turbo set-up be better for taking down b-series motors.
Well what chassis is your motor going into? What trans are you using? What b-series motors do you have in mind? If you want something that is going to be faster, it's probably easier to go the boost route.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
From stoplight to stoplight, turbo lag isnt any fun. For a DD like I said IMO N/A with some serious bolt on's you would be hard to beat.

·
I got Bit by the Boost Bug
Bmw 528e
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its going into a 91 dx Hatch,the tranny is from a jdm D15b motor,and mainly a b18ls or maybe a b16 but thats not usual around here so pretty much a b18ls.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
unless you have some serious predisposition to wanting to stay NA, and far more capitol to commit to such a build, go turbo.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts