Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all m8´s i have an d16z6 engine and i want to know if you can give me a list of what to put in the engine (i don´t want turbos and compressors , etc)

the engine have 125hp do you know if its possible o put with 150cv / 160cv without turbo??

like injectors, intakes, ECU, etc...tell me what i can do please

·
Registered
901 Posts
too get that much power out of an NA z6, you're going to spend a ton of cash. but i'd suggest a p&p head, new valves/springs/retainers. and the other stuff that's been listed. good luck man!

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Turbo....unless u like spending over 2K and at that point....it might be wise to Swap to something else....unless...u have a Uber light car....then N.a could be worth it...

·
Registered
56 Posts
theory- higher rpm will net more power. Whatever you're willing to $$, before deciding a swap would be better ...

at least a 3 angle valve job - stronger springs/lifters - p&p
custom rods/bolts - consider changing rods for a better rod/stroke ratio
camshaft - consider adding a cam gear
hondata chip
header & 2.5 inch exhaust
cold air intake - consider a larger throttle body/intake manifold
tuning
reduce weight

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
theory- higher rpm will net more power. Whatever you're willing to $$, before deciding a swap would be better ...

at least a 3 angle valve job - stronger springs/lifters - p&p
custom rods/bolts - consider changing rods for a better rod/stroke ratio
camshaft - consider adding a cam gear
hondata chip
header & 2.5 inch exhaust
cold air intake - consider a larger throttle body/intake manifold
tuning
reduce weight
definatly NOT without a fat cam... but you are correct; it can be done

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
hi to all m8´s i have an d16z6 engine and i want to know if you can give me a list of what to put in the engine (i don´t want turbos and compressors , etc)

the engine have 125hp do you know if its possible o put with 150cv / 160cv without turbo??

like injectors, intakes, ECU, etc...tell me what i can do please
why do you not want turbo? you are going to spend double the money to get half the horsepower...just doesnt make sense

you are still going to need the same amount of custom tuning for a 150hp setup as you would a boosted one. a 150hp setup will NOT be more reliable than a properly tuned boosted setup.

all motor D is an oxymoron IMO

·
Registered
56 Posts
a proper (read- $$$) all motor d is badass. Tho' I'm agreeing with ryan89crx, why mess with all the trouble, just go turbo to easily/economically reach your goals.

·
Registered
247 Posts
do not build all motor D-series engine what so ever ... it's such a big waste of money

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
P29's, Crower 3 and a well preped head to match will get you close as long as you have an intake manifold and header to go with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Look at my EJ1 specs in my signature. I want to confirm exactly what all the other guys have already said to you. Do NOT go N/A with a D series. If you want to go N/A... then you should swap in a B series. No joke, the D is economical for boost, not for N/A.

BOOST IT & LET THE VTEC SCREAM!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts