Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
ef hatch beater
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a main cap (girdle) stamped pg6 for my z6. The problem is, when I torqued it to spec 18 then 38 , my crank would not spin. Ive basically soaked this thing in lubricant by now and it still is not wanting to spin at 38. Just to check it I spun it at 18, no problem, even at 30 it spun but at 38 it will not go. I am wondering if I have the wrong main cap? or if it is a problem with my thrust washers or something completely different. Any input is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are the rods on the crank???

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Where is the correct main girdle that came with the motor?

You cannot interchange main girdles with having the motor align honed.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
What bearing sizes did you use? I had the same thing happen to me once when I used 20 over OS main bearings.

·
Registered
ef hatch beater
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes the rods are on the crank, yes I plastiguaged them. And that is the girdle that came with it as far as I know. But I do not know if it was running with that girdle. What I do know is that same girdle stamped pg6 is found in a zc dohc and it did run with it so thats kinda weird.

·
Registered
ef hatch beater
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And the bearings are the right size, in fact they were just a little bit looser than stock which is a good thing. Im really leaning towards the washers being the problem. I'm afraid they might be too big and/or pinching to keep the crank from wanting to spin.

·
Registered
ef hatch beater
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, which is why I need to know what the stamp is on a girdle for a z6. If it is pg6, I have the right one, if not, I don't. And if I do have the right one idk what the problem could be other than the thrust washers.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Are the rod bolts hitting the girdle??

·
Registered
ef hatch beater
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I cannot find what the stamp says on a z6 girdle. Anywhere. Unless its pg6 then i've found it everywhere lol.

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Yes the rods are on the crank, yes I plastiguaged them. And that is the girdle that came with it as far as I know. But I do not know if it was running with that girdle. What I do know is that same girdle stamped pg6 is found in a zc dohc and it did run with it so thats kinda weird.
So you measured and everything was in spec and it won't rotate? Are you the one who disassembled the motor?

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
okay just throwing this out there for reference, i have seen a dohc ZC, d16a6, and a D16Z6 with pg6 on the girdle. all from motors i have torn down.

did you try spinning it without the rods connected?

are you trying by bare hand or with a tool

·
Premium Member
91 Civic sedan
959 Posts
Sorry the comp froze and posted that late. Did you try to rotate the crank without the thrust washers?

Use the process of elimination to see what makes it spin

·
Registered
ef hatch beater
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No I didn't disassemble it, I got it disassembled. But everything was in spec when I measured it. And it will spin up until about 28 lbs. Any more than that it wont. I've spun it with and without the rods connected, with a torque wrench.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts