1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

My name is dan i have a black 2000 coupe dx

My plan is mid/low 14s and whish 180 whp

I have a friends who sell me is d16z6 entire swap ( block,head,tranny,ecu) for 600$

Now is the parts list :
Exedy stage 1 Whit stock flyweel
Filled stock motor mount whit euretane (60A)
450 cc dsm
2.5 type r exaust ( cat and muffler)
Ebay turbo kit whit
t3t4 50 trim cast manifold,8 psi spring
Home made oil line,return oil line and oil restrictor at local speed shop
Xenocron harness obd2b-obd1 w/p28
Dyno tuning whit crome

Let me know what you think

·
Registered
91 Posts
you should hit your power goals easily. I would change the oil pump, water pump, timing belt, and change all gaskets/seals. You could even get some ARP head studs while your at it but its all in your budget.

or

Just install everything and save up for a full build later on.

either way u will be happy!!

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
For cpt and neon you think arp head stud is must for reabilite ?
Just fun whit stock z6 and boost it to the safe level for DD
Arp just for added safty. I vote rdx because there better then 10year old dsm injector. The clutch imo is fine. Your only boosting about 50-60hp more over stock.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arp just for added safty. I vote rdx because there better then 10year old dsm injector. The clutch imo is fine. Your only boosting about 50-60hp more over stock.
Ok whit the 410cc rdx i need clip and adapter ?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Ok whit the 410cc rdx i need clip and adapter ?
k tuning ebay
Or look on xerocorn (might be spelled wrong)

Injectors, adatapers an clips are that is needed. Also note the higher the fuel psi the more they will flow.

·
Registered
852 Posts
There's a guy selling freshly cleaned and flow tested DSM 450's for $120 shipped or so on honda-tech. He's sold many sets and is very reliable.

Any junkyard will have the resistor box you need, common cars like accords have them.

Also on honda-tech there's a vendor selling Walboro 255 hp with install kits for $79 shipped, I used both of them on my build and 10k miles later everything works great

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your setup sounds fine. If you can get those dsm injectors from that ht guy than that will probably be your best bet. I made 175whp on a bone stock y7 with a ebay turbo kit. I used a rebuilt exedy oem replacement clutch set that cost me almost $100 with the flywheel resurfaced. Worked great for me. I would suggest swapping the clutch before you install the kit just to break it in or just ride it with ur stock clutch til there's no more meat on the bone.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
k tuning ebay
Or look on xerocorn (might be spelled wrong)

Injectors, adatapers an clips are that is needed. Also note the higher the fuel psi the more they will flow.
xenocron

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok you beat me 450 cc are cheap and i will go whit that a fuel pump are required at 180~200 whp ?

A good friend to me show me good argument to piece my turbo kit like That :
Ebay fmic
Hks ssqv bov
Ebay cast manifold
Tial 32 mm wastegate
Cx racing t3t4 50 trim when he blow full rebuilt whit garett stuff
Home made downpipe 2.5 to 2.5 oem type r exaust
What did you think ? That better thant a ebay kit or just go whit ebay full kit

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Ok you beat me 450 cc are cheap and i will go whit that a fuel pump are required at 180~200 whp ?

A good friend to me show me good argument to piece my turbo kit like That :
Ebay fmic
Hks ssqv bov
Ebay cast manifold
Tial 32 mm wastegate
Cx racing t3t4 50 trim when he blow full rebuilt whit garett stuff
Home made downpipe 2.5 to 2.5 oem type r exaust
What did you think ? That better thant a ebay kit or juste go whit ebay full kit
I have much more expensive tastes so don't ask me lol I would spend more than $700 just on tuning.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OMFG 700$ on tuning did you break something ?

The p28 was chipped on crome so i belive max 300-400 for fine tuning would be good 2 hour would be a/f tuning and 1 hrs for timing and another 1 hrs for fine tuning !!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts