Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a low mileage Z6 along with its harness/PCM. I also have a Y8 engine harness.

Which would be the better choice?

Thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,980 Posts
for what?

·
Registered
Waitress wanted
902 Posts
run your shat with the 98 engine harness ,add vtec wires to obd2a harness from your car if your spare y8 harness is not 96-98
rewire dizzy
obd2a to obd1 adapter.
p28 ecu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 96-98 y8 harness. The donor car is an automatic, but the ECM can be programmed to a manual, right?

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
The ecu cannot be "converted" like the OBD1 92-95 ecus could.

You will be dealing with a check engine light for the auto trans sensors and solenoids. No biggie unless it bothers you.

It will be easiest to find a fully outfitted d16y8 intake manifold from a manual 96-98 car, as it will have the spots for the purge valve and the harness brackets.

Intake temp is moved to the intake arm tube, so you can leave the IAT in your #4 intake runner (if using z6 intake manifold) alone.

If starting with an empty car, and you are starting with a full tilt d16z6 swap, you will need to source injector adapters for wiring, or buy d16y8 injectors from 96-00.

You would also need to buy an intake temp sensor and install it into the intake tubing. The connector is different from OBD1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information guys. I’ll get it together slowly but surely. Trying to search for all my answers, but some times you just have to ask. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information guys. I’ll get it together slowly but surely. Trying to search for all my answers, but some times you just have to ask.

I was asking if the auto OBD1 ECU could be converted by Phearal. Thanks again for the help. I’m sure I’ll need more as I go along.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts