Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'97 Honda Civic LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Honda civic LX. It has the d16y7 in it which is obd2.

I also have a d16z6 that I'll be putting in the EK.

but here's where it gets weird...

I'll be putting the d16z6 into my EK with the y7 cam(delta 272 regrind) and rocker arm assembly along with a d16y8 intake manifold. I can't find enough information on this. Can I get some help? I'd like to stay on my same ECU so I'll be keeping my OBD2, 190cc, injectors and my d16y7 ECU. What's the situation with the dizzy? Can I just use my d16y7 dizzy or do I have to use the d16z6? Do I use the d16y7 camgear or the d16z6 camgear? Is there anything else I need to know?

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
You will want to break both heads down and take a lot of measurements and try test fitting.

Ive only heard of people swapping Y7 valvetrain into the y8 heads to take advantage of the smaller y8 combustion chamber and different head ports.

If you came across this idea because a d16z6 and d16y8 camshaft can interchange with matching camgears, it does NOT mention how the heads themselves are different.

Is your car automatic or manual?

·
Registered
'97 Honda Civic LX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will want to break both heads down and take a lot of measurements and try test fitting.

Ive only heard of people swapping Y7 valvetrain into the y8 heads to take advantage of the smaller y8 combustion chamber and different head ports.

If you came across this idea because a d16z6 and d16y8 camshaft can interchange with matching camgears, it does NOT mention how the heads themselves are different.

Is your car automatic or manual?

So there's a guy on these forums named Boost Ben and he's covered it quite a bit. I've already assembled the head and everything fits perfectly.
Manual btw. I'll be using the z6 tranny (which is currently attached to the y7).

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Ex
422 Posts
I have a 1997 Honda civic LX. It has the d16y7 in it which is obd2.

I also have a d16z6 that I'll be putting in the EK.

but here's where it gets weird...

I'll be putting the d16z6 into my EK with the y7 cam(delta 272 regrind) and rocker arm assembly along with a d16y8 intake manifold. I can't find enough information on this. Can I get some help? I'd like to stay on my same ECU so I'll be keeping my OBD2, 190cc, injectors and my d16y7 ECU. What's the situation with the dizzy? Can I just use my d16y7 dizzy or do I have to use the d16z6? Do I use the d16y7 camgear or the d16z6 camgear? Is there anything else I need to know?
Use your Y7 dizzy. It matches the wiring, and cam.

You can use either cam gear as long as it's adjustable. Timing is different between the blocks.

Run Z6 ecu. Ignition timing is 12 to 19 I think.
That's what I think. Somebody prove me wrong lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts