Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 98 civic dx sedan,the harness is auto an obd2a, I put in a d16z6 swap, I’m currently using the y7 manifold to accommodate for all the extra plugs on the y7 IM, I’m using my OBD2 distributor, obd2 fuel rail and injectors, OBD2 alternator, boomslang jumper harness to a p06, am I missing anything is there anything that needs to be converted that I haven’t don’t yet or an issues I will run into???! Lmk ASAP

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,939 Posts
p28 runs the z6. youre going to need to trick the crank sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by trick the crank sensor, will the car still start or atleast try to, what do I need to do?!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there anything else I’m missing should it work, what cfk isnt that obd2??! Can someone give me some step by steps ,anything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s on a one bolt but fits but at a weird angle the shaft inside lines up, not sure if will work, should I be using a OBD1 dizzy or what and ass far as the swap and is there anything I should be looking for or I haven’t done , lmk ASAP please and thank you

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
find a d16z6 distributor, gut it out, run the y7/y8 internals inside it. That will fix the mounting problem.

boomslang harness needs to match car. 96-98 or 99-00, and they do differ. You already know you need a OBD2A, so double check everything.

You dont have vtec wires, so the P06 ecu will not be able to activate anything without being converted.

you will be stuck on low cam profile. At least you will get good gas mileage!

If the boomslang ahrness is meant for a d16y8 conversion, you can then eitehr switch to an auto 96-98 ex engine harness to gain the vtec plugs and easy ability to run a plenum intake like z6 or y8 and run a p28, or just convert the P06 and run vtec wires.

z6 vtec setup with y7 intake manifold will be a good gas mileage queen, but performance will suffer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man I appreciate it that what I ended up doing and stuff but nah not worried about power at the moment so, but thanks I appreciate the feedback mattliston

1 - 10 of 10 Posts