Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
D16z6 help plzzz!!!

So i turboed my d16 and its running ruff and smoking here are a few vids or it starting and how its running.

Ok first vid is what it sounds like when it starts up. it screeches and knocks
YouTube - DSCN7363

second vid is the exhaust smoke and the knock
YouTube - DSCN7364

Third vid is kinda long because its about how long it takes to get it started it seems like its not turning quick enough durning the start like the engine is stiff to turn
YouTube - DSCN7363

please let me know what my problems are and if i can fix them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at the moment it just has a pherable basemap.
i have not driven it while started in this condition.
RX-7 550 injectors
i plan on tuning wiht an AEM FIC but if i cant get it to run decent then im not gonna waste my time trying to install it.
it has a t25 turbo no internal work but i did change the head gasket.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I know you dont want to hear this but it sounds like you hurt the engine somehow.(Broken rings/ringland)
Since you put the turbo on did you drive it at all? You can do a leakdown test and/or compression test that will point you to what is wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i havnt drove it with the turbo on because its been running like this since i did.
i did a compression test a while ago and it was fine il do one again later today.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Did you start the car after you replaced the HG and before you installed the turbo ?

If yes, we have to assume it's something in the turbo install, ???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the wires are in proper order for sure.

Yes i started it and it was fine after the hg replacement im thinking its the valve adjustment or timing because of the valve ticking.
Or could it be a blown turbo or somthing?

When i get home i will do a compression test and post the numbers.
Someone also told me i need to loosen up my steering pump belt because it turns over really slow so it may be to tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts