Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I have originally built my d16z6 heavy but have now spun a bearing and melted the top of my pistons one of my head bolts have stripped inside the block I have a whole A6 and a B7 engine but I have put a lot of money into my z6 head and would like to use it still can I use the z6 ecu on the A6 block with a z6 head? Or what should I do PLEASE HELP I NEED MY CAR BACK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My apologies I just realized I don't have a Y8 I have an A6 and a b7 so I will be using the A6 block with the Z6 head will it still work with the Ecu? Or should I use the B7 block

·
Registered
80 Posts
He probably wont need to wire in vtec since he has already ran this z6? I think he is just wanting to replace the bottom end with a a6 bottom end. Which will work with no problem, its a very similar bottom end. The one thing you might want to consider though with using the same ecu is getting it retuned, since yours probably is or atleast should be tuned for your build bottom end/head combination.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it's actually boosted now and once I get it back together I'm going to get it retuned anyways its got a hondata piggy back on it now with vtec on the z6 head all I'm really looking to do is replace the block

1 - 7 of 7 Posts