Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most i can handle on the stock head? I have to builds 1 for my wife and 1 for me both in eg hatches.. specs on both

wifes
bottom end:75mm standard bore vitara pistons with FJT Revolution custom lenght rods and acl race bearings,brand new oil pump, water pump,timing tensioner.
head;bonestock

mine
bottomend:JE pistons, Eagle Rods, and all oem honda bearings
head:arp head studs, hot tanked and got an 5 angle valve job

running a garret 50trim t/3 t/4 with 82 hotside pfab manifold

she is wanting to be around 340-390whp
I am wanting 350-420whp what or we lacking and how much will our stock heads hold or should i just go ahead and throw cams and springs retainers in mine?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
:worthless:

id go with a 57trim for that much power,over a 50trim. and may need a cam and intake manifold to make it easier.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will i be able to just swap the cam on mine or do i need cam,springs and retainer? and will the y8 intake mani work?

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Stock head CAN do it...but easier with cam and such. It's up to the turbo really and how much you push it.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I would stay away from the y8 intake mani. I would do a ported Z6 intake mani+ 70mm tb+ a tb spacer. Those 3 parts will go far in making the power your looking for. Stock cam starts to become limited in the low 400's hp.

Login

^^This guy had everything you will need and cheap I must add!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guy's me and the wife is looking foward to the breakin's to be done on hers mine will be in the shop another week before done.Will have pics up as soon as there both in the driveway:)

also what cams do you guy's think i should run? and what turbo if i was to upgrade to something bigger on my setup? im looking for best bang for buck through these hard times:(

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
get a garrett 57 or 60 trim. its gonna be hard to get 400whp on a stock head. it WONT happen on a 50trim. unless you are going to one of those BS dynos that read high as hell. every 57trim ive seen ont he hub dynos cant reach over 375-380whp. but the powerband is sickness. but online i see it all the time. So i dunno wtf is real what aint. 880cc injectors no less.

59300 zex cam doesnt require springs/retainers. ppl have hit a said 400whp w/o them.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
unless you are going to one of those BS dynos that read high as hell. .
lol naw, word. still seems high to me. any times? also E85 im sure helped alot on that. but then again he could always run higher octane with the 50. i dunno. What gear was that? 78mph? i hit 65 or so in 2nd!!!! peaking at 6k rpms in 3rd is that was gear? wtf.... yeh what times does this run, seems like itd be a good road car/dd.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and i keep 110octane around the house in vp cans 24/7 so running 110 is not a problem if i was to run high boost with it would it be safe to run 22-24 lbs on that 50 trim?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
psi wont hurt nothing. power and a shitty tune does.

·
Registered
30 Posts
lol naw, word. still seems high to me. any times? also E85 im sure helped alot on that. but then again he could always run higher octane with the 50. i dunno. What gear was that? 78mph? i hit 65 or so in 2nd!!!! peaking at 6k rpms in 3rd is that was gear? wtf.... yeh what times does this run, seems like itd be a good road car/dd.
That was because we had a ignition problem at around 6k. It was in third gear. And it ran 13.2 @111 on street tires making 320whp. I should hit 11s on a tire. E85 is the best btw for the price

1 - 17 of 17 Posts