Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Over the winter I plan on doing a small buildup. Of course, I daily drive my civic all winter in Canada so time off the road means more hassle. I have the option to get a d16y7 block from a 97 CDM DX with an auto transmission. I am wondering:

1. Is it perfectly acceptable to use the z6 head on the y7 block?

2. What would the compression be? I plan on using vitara pistons in this block if I buy it.

3. Is there some issues with timing or a cam gear? I sorta read something about it but I am unsure about it.

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
1.Yes you can use a z6 head on a y7 block.
2.http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm
3.The only issues would be getting the correct cam gear for the z6, and you might need to get the z6 distributor to make things easier. If you can use your y7 distributor you might have to notch the distributor mounting ears to acheive correct ign. timing, but I could be wrong and you might not have to "notch" the ears.

You will also want to get a auto version P28 ecu.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2347

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea use the comp calculator to check your compression, but u can use a z6 head, it would proly be must easier to go with a y8 since you wont have to convert to obd1, but for tuning purposes obd1 is great, if i were you, i would use a z6 with z6 dizzy and convert to obd1 and use a p28 and maybe chip to tune, i think mini me's have so much potential if they are just tuned well, just get a z6 adjustable cam gear and tune the thing :)

oh yea, best conversion harnesses ever... contact: [email protected]

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jarvis606 said:
yea use the comp calculator to check your compression, but u can use a z6 head, it would proly be must easier to go with a y8 since you wont have to convert to obd1, but for tuning purposes obd1 is great, if i were you, i would use a z6 with z6 dizzy and convert to obd1 and use a p28 and maybe chip to tune, i think mini me's have so much potential if they are just tuned well, just get a z6 adjustable cam gear and tune the thing :)

oh yea, best conversion harnesses ever... contact: [email protected]
:werd:

Love Z6 head mini's. Love the Z6 period. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts