Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to cleaning out some of the rust and noticed that I can't turn the camshaft. Tried to use the cam gear from a b7 head to turn it and nothing. Backed out all the valve adjusters to clean the threads and give me more clearance, then torqued it to 27 ft lbs and tried again and still can't turn the camshaft. The force over comes the torque and loosens it every time. Pics of some cam wear, is this normal? Video of me jiggling stuff around. The rockers on intake 4 and exhaust 1 have no movement, even with the screws backed all the way out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I took everything apart, cleaned it again, and reassembled it and put it on my block to try and turn the head with the crank pulley torqued down and still nothing. Loosened the valve train up a little bit to look at the range of motion because it does turn while loosened and some of the exhaust valves are longer than others by a good few millimeters. Took my straight edge to the bottom surface and it's not warped. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Could really use a little assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts