Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 si
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY. after several months im gonna have enough money to get my car up and running again.. im sick of walking BLAHHH

so i need some stuff done.

i have a d16y8 block in my closet. and the busted z6 in my car.
im gonna put the z6 head on the y8 block (hopefully the head is ok. think its spun bearing thats the problem though gonna find out soon hopefully for sure)

now i need to figure out how im gonna get everything thrown together. do you guys think ill need to get both the head and block machined to mach or should they be ok?

and putting the z6 head on y8 block will work but not sure what all extra stuff ill have to do. any of yall have a clue.

list of stuff as of current:

replace valve stem seals on z6 head.
attach y8 mani with b20 tb to head.
take everything from z6 block and swap over to y8 block. and get everything in and running.
and new throw out bearing.
gasket kit

hopefully within the next month ill have everything up and running though.

i need zee help i must not be walking to work through snow. and you have no idea how much i miss my civic. i started it up and drove it behind my appartments and i wanted to cry.... sigh.:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same set up i'm trying to put together (y8 block and and z6 head) i'm trying to order head studs and know we need to mix and match studs. question is what stud kit do you get Y8 or Z6 and what is the odd ball stud???? i've searched the site and no clear answers thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Top left and top right
When u take head out u will notice top right bolt hole is deeper put a straw thru itand on the top left its not the hole thats the problem it is the head were the bolt sits it is raised up higher than the rest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts