Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've got the chance to get a z6 head for a engine build I want to do. I can get a a6 block probably close to free. my car is already obd1 on a p28. what will I need to make this setup work in my car? I have searched but no one using the same setup in my chassis that I can find...

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
z6 block is almost identical to a6 block, so yes z6 head will work with it.
if you have an obd1/obd2a conversion harness and a p28, it will work in a 96-98 civic.
i am running 97 civic with a z6.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You also need a 92-95 sohc 2 post engine mount bracket. If you use the y7 or y8 bracket on the a6 block the motor will sit slightly crooked.

Use a obd1 92-95 water tube and t stat housing so you can keep the fan temp switch in the same location and not have to deal with wiring the obd0 sensor in since it's located on the back of the block.

Everything else is simple since you already converted to obd1.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know thre z6 head will fit on the a6 block. what is the two post engine mount ? I have a running y8 right note so I will reuse all of my electrical parts. anything else I'llv need?

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
You also need a 92-95 sohc 2 post engine mount bracket. If you use the y7 or y8 bracket on the a6 block the motor will sit slightly crooked.
i believe the a6 driver side mount is angled. the z6 one is straight.

I think thats for the y8 head. z6 and a6 use same head bolts i believe
that is correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts