Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually am the guy that browse's the builds on forums and searches for his answer grab a few ideas and be on my way but i decided after a good heady dab sesh it was time to do my own build series best place to is here so i had a clean 99 Ek9 for about a year got a nice paint job kept it stock and clean while i built the motor on the side

sadly i only had her for a season

but this thread isnt about the 99 EK its about what i picked up a few hours after

It had the right price (1900) needed a little work but i was cool with the price and the car...

first thing i did though to make a lil quick cash and to get rid of the nasty rub was flip the rims

$350 gone the same night brought my payment down to $1550

Let the Project begin AGAIN...​

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First things form

Next day came and it was time to turn this simple bitch into a bad bitch

FUCNTION N FORM TYPE 1 COILOVERS

unfortunately the shock on one if the front coils was bent so i contacted function n form have a shit load of replacement an d repair coil parts dope 75$ to repair it word idk if u can notice the bend unless its rollin on a flat surface

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back to the Bay

So i scooped up a d16z6 from one of our local parts dealers a while ago so ive had the motor for about a year now heres some pics when i first scooped it

Heres a list of parts i purchased for the motor

i did have the motor ported and polished only a .5 over for some clearance

D16z6 Vitara Pistons
RCautowork Custom Rods
Delta 262 Cam
ACL Main & Rod Bearings
Edelbrock Performer X Intake
OEM Honda Oil Pump D16Z6
OEM Rear Main Seal
OEM Cam Seal
OEM D16z6 Headgasket
OEM D16z6 Cam Gear
OEM D16z6 Dizzy
OEM Water Pump
Deck Engine Block
Hondata s300 V2
Competion CLutch Kit Stage 3
Supertech Dual Valve Srings & Retainers
Hasport Mounts
s200 throtle body
240cc Injectors

I was breaking her in today just loving the feeling of finally having in running but during all the parts gathering i still had to grab other parts :dots:​

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got some goodies from the JDM Kings

So since on the 99 ek i did shit backwards the first thing i did was get it painted this time i am getting the body and everything i need and want before paint since it a 96 Ek4 and everyone does the 2000 conversions im going to be going for the SiR look which i personally think looks so simple but hella clean I hunted down some parts at JDM KINGS love this fucking place

http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/joemendez217/media/IMG_6565_zps2155fa51.mp4.htm

found me some ek4 fenders with sidemarkers

and some CTR headlights and a rear SiR bumper

gotta love the hatchback for caring parts lol

Now the only thing that sucks about this place is everyone and the other has heard of this place they literally freight shit over once a month crazy convenient shit too unfortunately couldnt find an SiR front bumper or hood because mine was rusted to shit and i was not gonna waste money on repairing that I put the word out woke up to 5 different ppl telling me there is a SiR front bumper for sale hopped on that shit immediately

I cant stand the ugly ebay mugen lip that was on the car ironically the day i bought new front and rear lips i lost mine in the most meanest ditch ever and i didnt realize it till i got home i thought the irony was too funny

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Addons

So i did the oil first oil change on the first 300 miles on the motor today, cant wait to see with the NA does i still have a fuel cut @ 5k and no vTec till i get closer to 1000 miles so in the mean time more parts

I cannot stand amber taillights so i salvaged the ones from my ek9 and slapped on the ek4 10x better IMO wat u think

Since i never got to put my CTR wing on the ek9 time to add her on now and threw my aftermarket wing to my boy he needed it bad

messed up thing is he just blew his motor yesterday lucky him i just finished my swap so i had a y7 for him n xtra z6 head EASY SALE lol

The exhaust that was on had a disgusting rasp at about 3k time to put the APEXI on 2.5 piping

Get rid of the oem nasty gray honda wheel through on my RSX one

YES I HAVE A REMOTE/PUSH START fully functional just got a hold of an s2k button ill eventually mount on the dash maybe climate control idk yet still up in the air

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quick pic of the Apexi Pan

and you would be surprised what you find in the junk yard new radio lol 20 bucks with harness grabbed some solder and shrink wrap like new

still want to get a new climate control almost bought a Vi-RS one but i really want this one

eventually ill move the radio to the cup holder area once i get the jdm pop out cup holders and place my gauges where my radio is currently at now

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,611 Posts
what part of fl?

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last post of the night

Come on guys can i get some feed back recommendations ideas im all open i even except hate lol idc..

Wondering what i did after i sold those XXRs of course i had some circuit 8s in the garage

Also came up on some Ap1 seats too

now i gotta get them powdercoated i like the sports bronze but if you know me u now i love my BHO and concentrates I wanted something that popped so i went with a honey bronze which look immaculate IMO

O yeaaaaaaa thats that shit right there

MF10 Mugen Center Caps

I have some blox neo chrome extended lugs too but i gotta a strip wheel stud so wanna fix that first and god knows how easy that is........NOT!!!!!!

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
More info on the engine build should make some good power.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Wheels came out nice!

Are you sure those are Function 7 lca's?

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
okay okay getting my view count up there

getting ready for the boost got some stuff in the garage i have waiting nothing much but its something i dont gotta buy down the line and besides super good deal too FREE!!!! gotta love my bro

If ur curious heres my bros car awesome ass EM1 472 hp GSR FULLY BUILT TURBO that shit moves...

Heres his build link over on EM1 Crew
[EM1 Crew]

Not gonna lie wouldnt be able to do n e of this without my bro got the same passion i do been in too many chases and cars and runs with this guy

Gotta love JDM Kings

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good eyes

Wheels came out nice!

Are you sure those are Function 7 lca's?
ahahaha u know what i dont think they are i didnt have a asr subframe pic found that one on photobucket cuz i dont have picture of mine they r still in the box along with my Ingalls camber kit as well looks like those r function n form brand lol cuz mine have black bushings that i do know... they all go on soon ill snag a pic for everyone

·
Registered
Ek4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@n20_2k

@n20_2k

Got my bitch washed up the other day snagged a lil pic shes all WET :3some:

Had to go to the store and guess what i find in the parking lot ahahaaha go figure looked inside either a 99 or 00 either way i pretty clean and very IRONIC

1 - 20 of 61 Posts