Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to the forums and thought its time to share my build and share knowledge with anyone who has question

so this is where it begins I got this car in a trade for my old Zx10r not my first Honda so I knew what I was getting is was pretty beat up on the outside but not enough to bother me and first thing I did was slap on a turbo kit just the cheapest stuff I could find and make myself and this is the end product for now

IMG_1908.jpg

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after a month of driving this car it made 212hp to the wheels btw I got bored and wanted to go faster and have a nicer car then began the complete stripping for body work paint and all types of other stuff

IMG_1438.jpg
IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_2028.jpg

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I tore the entire engine down sorry I don't have pics of it but I have some of the build part so let me get started with the motor spec

Bottom End

D16z6 stock sleeves honed to 75.05
Micro Polished crank
New OEM oil pump and water pump
Notched block
Arias 9:1 Pistons
Eagle H Beam rods
BWR block guard
tapped oil pan
arp head studs
Oem Honda Head gasket

Top end

D16Z6 Head
skunk 2 springs and titanium retainers
Comp Cam
Vms Adjustable cam gear
gates timing belt
new oem valves

Intake

Skunk 2 intake manifold
skunk 2 70mm Throttle body
2.5" Intercooler piping
3" intercooler core

Exhaust

BWR ramhorn turbo manifold
3" hood exit dump tube

Turbo kit

GT35 Turbo
Emusa 8psi wastegate
Rs Style Blow off valve

Fuel

Grams 1000cc injectors
Aem 320lph e85 fuel pump
Aem Fuel rail
Aem Fuel pressure regulator

Other stuff

Hondata s300 v3 boost by gear already installed
Grams Wideband
3 port boost solenoid

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_1902.JPG

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I don't have a lot of pictures of all the build lost my phone and didn't save the pictures so ill post what I got I tuned the car last night and did great so far need to upgrade fuel injectors again and possibly coil pack retrofit but heres what the car is looking like now still not painted or anything but don't need paint to go fast

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Nice little project you got here, nice parts and sharp looking car. I like seeing builds like this from ground up. Subbed

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alot of the components look like what I was running. Depending on the injectors, I'm guessing 350-400 build?
yeah I actually made 417 until the ignition started to give out I need to upgrade to coil on wire or something in that nature but for now some ngk wires and new coil and rotor will do after I paint the car again I will start on some more upgrades like doing an LSD trans with carbon syncros and weld all of the intercooler piping

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice little project you got here, nice parts and sharp looking car. I like seeing builds like this from ground up. Subbed
Thanks man I talked to you on youtube a few times and I watched all your videos on your car im shooting for 10s this year now that you made it possible

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
yeah I actually made 417 until the ignition started to give out I need to upgrade to coil on wire or something in that nature but for now some ngk wires and new coil and rotor will do after I paint the car again I will start on some more upgrades like doing an LSD trans with carbon syncros and weld all of the intercooler piping
Nice work! I didn't seem to have any ignition-related issues on the dyno; only headlift. LOL!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
All I did was purchase a new reman dizzy, new NGK wires, and new plugs. I guess the "new" components helped out some. Some say that external coils aren't that great of an upgrade. IDK, never went that route.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good! I had ignition issues on my build recently too. Turns out, I needed a new coil. I had been running an MSD blaster2 for nearly 10 years, and it finally got tired. lol

MY tuner asked me not to purchase anything MSD he said OEM is the best and some of the blue NGK Plug wires so I will start with that I should be into the mid 400's after that but 384hp to the wheel right now is pretty fun lol

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^I would have to agree with them. New, OEM components have been proven to the mid-400s. I lucked out with my new, reman components though.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts