Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, this is my first post, i picked up a 93 Civic EX Coupe for $375 bucks...its got 230,000 miles on it, and i need a throw out bearing but i think im gonna rebuild the bottom end....keep the stock cam and head

im thinking P29s or A1 Pistons...ill run 91 octane that doesnt bother me..but which would be better?

i can use stock LS rods right? with a little machining?

i already have a B16 throttle body and a DC header....im thinking port match the intake manifold and port and polish the head

any little tweaks to make a little all motor power?

what should i expect with this build with a good dyno tune?

Reactions: xylocramer

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nothing?

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
Whats the question?

Using LS rods is a waste, just get some arp rod bolts if you plan on doing a N/A build.

B16 TB and DC header is pointless. Buy a real header or perform the 2.5" collector modification on your DC to get it to flow properly. Instead of a P&P go buy a cam and camgear.

With the so called "mods" you have listed you would probaly gain no power and actually loose some most likely with the restrictive header, an oversized TB and IM set-up for your basiclly stock engine, and a P&P that has nothing to support it (cam and some added comp)

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
At first i was like...

.... then I srsd

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
p29s or PG6?

piston/rod isnt a stock engine last time i checked... even if it is OEM honda parts..

and i said LS rods because i may see low boost sometimes in the future

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
piston/rod isnt a stock engine last time i checked... even if it is OEM honda parts..
last you checked? your a funny little newblet..

your so mistaken its barely funny. T-Mack is dead right based off the info you posted.

IMO, start reading now and stop buying crazy parts that you "checked" made power. information is power, and you newblet, need power before you can turn the light switch on.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
This thread fails epically.

Do what 99EJ6T said, please research, A LOT.

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have been.

i thought this place would be different than 502,

someone comes in with a couple of questions and all of the sudden "omg newb"
....you are mostly adults right?

just actually have a car, that i actually want to build and was trying to get some help, or suggestions, or even tips. not the place i see...

but just so i have this straight, adding a DC 4-1 header will gain you no power....and upgrading to a slightly larger throttle body will gain you no power....i dont think i believe that.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
i have been.

i thought this place would be different than 502,

someone comes in with a couple of questions and all of the sudden "omg newb"
....you are mostly adults right?

just actually have a car, that i actually want to build and was trying to get some help, or suggestions, or even tips. not the place i see...

but just so i have this straight, adding a DC 4-1 header will gain you no power....and upgrading to a slightly larger throttle body will gain you no power....i dont think i believe that.
Alright well you might make 5whp with both of those if you port the intake manifold to make the tb even usable. But what they are saying is it isnt worth wasting the money on those to make that little power. Use it elsewhere to get more power.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i have been.
have you now? cause both the header and the TB where discussed in the last 2 weeks....

i thought this place would be different than 502
umm.. uhh.. thats the first time i have seen that.. but ok.. wtf is 502? some kind of new crack? from your posts, i think it might be. enjoy the white donkey.

someone comes in with a couple of questions and all of the sudden "omg newb"....you are mostly adults right?
stick around, if you can, and take note of how many threads you see posted by "newbs" asking a couple questions...

general questions get general answers....

but just so i have this straight, adding a DC 4-1 header will gain you no power....
lose power.

upgrading to a slightly larger throttle body will gain you no power....
lose power

i dont think i believe that.
then dont. we are not here to force you to believe anything. this place is full of salt, take what you will. :lol:

Alright well you might make 5whp with both
highly doubt it.. TB is too large and the header is very poorly designed....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just run boost. with a good tune u will have good horse power on stock internals. Screw that little shit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
230k ? i would do routine maintenance first. timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. check valve lash and timing.

as far as port matching the intake manifold, might be a waste at this point. porting the head would net some gains if combined with a nice camshaft and the high comp pistons.

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
230k ? i would do routine maintenance first. timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires, cap and rotor. check valve lash and timing.

as far as port matching the intake manifold, might be a waste at this point. porting the head would net some gains if combined with a nice camshaft and the high comp pistons.
already on that :bigok:

i just listed the parts i ALREADY have....the machine work costs nothing for me...minimal fee if ANYTHING....

and i doubt i lose power with a different header...it might be a bad design but i doubt they would put that poor of an effort to make a part where it actually loses power...but hey your the "expert" here...:3dtard:

and by "502" i ment 502streetscene.net, a car forum. you should check it out, youd fit in.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
i just listed the parts i ALREADY have....the machine work costs nothing for me...minimal fee if ANYTHING....
then by all means, have at it.. show us all what you "checked" on..

and i doubt i lose power with a different header...it might be a bad design but i doubt they would put that poor of an effort to make a part where it actually loses power...but hey your the "expert" here...
R&D is very very expensive. who R&D two different types of engines when no one is really going to check? congrats, you now know all about the performance parts world... where 90% of the market is junk parts "designed" for different engines then what they are being strapped to.

and by "502" i ment 502streetscene.net, a car forum. you should check it out, youd fit in.
really? thats all you had? please, tell me that isnt the limit of your "chops", is it? aww, newblet. i thought you might have something to offer. a spine of some kind. oh well.

and with that, i am going to leave this thread. your not learning at all, simply sticking to what you think you know. do you know the dumbest student in the class? ask a easy question then you will know. he/she is the one with their hand down, already sure they knew the answer...

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Ouch. Pat is on you like white on rice.

OP. I believe that if you want a proper answer to a question, best start learning how to word out a question properly.

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
Yeah, the OP hasn't really looked deap enough, but there are lots of claims over the interweb that would lead him to believe what he is saying.

It's sad and heartbreaking :(

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive looked everywhere on this for a while... and yeah, im learning, but at the pace your feeding me bull that gets me nowhere, i dont call that learning. you could have been quick and simple instead of just bashing instantly. no. its not all the chops i have, i just dont like being banned when im trying to actually acomplish something..

when i first seen this site i thought there was hope for my d series, now it seems modding is pointless....B18 here i come i guess? gay, i wanted a single cam to beat my friends DOHCs..

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
ive looked everywhere on this for a while... and yeah, im learning, but at the pace your feeding me bull that gets me nowhere, i dont call that learning. you could have been quick and simple instead of just bashing instantly. no. its not all the chops i have, i just dont like being banned when im trying to actually acomplish something..

when i first seen this site i thought there was hope for my d series, now it seems modding is pointless....B18 here i come i guess? gay, i wanted a single cam to beat my friends DOHCs..
Your on the right site if your serious man, there just won't be any spoon feeding for anybody. But that's only because it's mostly already laid out there for you to put your hands on, all you have to do is search.

1: every sub forum has a list of "stickies" read all the ones you think you need and read a few you don't think you need

2: also make sure you dig through the F&Q

3: the search botton at the top of the site can be used, and if your creative you can find anything that was ever said about any topic on this whole site.

4: when in dought, Google is cool stuff! and you can tag "D-series" on the end of what your searching and it may even bring ya back here

5: people will only help you if they feel you are willing to help yourself

6: need to know information is important when seeking help on any forum,
i.e; Make, Model, Year, Engine, what previous Mods, Goals, Cash to spend, Knowledge/Skillz you have.....things like this make it easier for others to help.

Anyway, give it some thought and try again man. Don't take it personal, there are people willing to help you :bigok:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
also believing advertisements and or general public opinion about what parts make power is never a good idea. im sure a dc header makes a few hp over stock "somewhere" in the powerband but probably not where you will need it.

the majority of knowledgeable members on this site have used, tuned, tested and lightened their wallets on every part combination you can think of. be thankful they did and are then willing to warn you what will or will not help your build goals. 99ej6t knows what hes talking about here...especially about the R&D of parts and their effect on our single cam engines.

good luck with your build. if you really want to whip your friends dohc's this is the site to be on. just be willing to think outside the box and listen to those who have already done it.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.