Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooo I have a d16z6 waiting to be swapped into my 2000 ek hatch with the d16y7 currently. Can I just buy a p28 ecu and engine harness and connect everything to the d16z6 and be done like that? Also the d16z6 I have has vitara pistons, eagle rods, arp head studs. About how much boost do you guys think I can run reliably daily and also max boost and I also have a high flow fuel rail 650cc injectors and walbro 255 pump. Skunk2 intake manifold and 70mm throttle body. Should I throw in a stage 3 or 4 skunk2 cam too or nah? The main concern is swapping all the d16z6 stuff into the car and seeing if anyone has a link to a p28 ecu to d16z6 engine harness.

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
75 Posts
You can utilize your stock engine harness with a OBD2 to OBD1 jumper for the p28. The only thing you will have to wire in is the vtec solenoid. You can buy sub harnesses from ebay or just grab the solenoid pigtail from your local junkyard.

Le ecu pinout:
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Magenta

Rectangle Font Line Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have a d16z6 with 5 speed tranny. Do I just need the p28 ecu and engine harness to fully swap it. Will all the hoses, lines and everything fit from the d16y7 to the d16z6? I’m also boosting my z6 before I put it in the car as well. I have eagle rods, vitara pistons bored out, skunk2 intake manifold and 70mm throttle body, arp head studs, adjustable cam gear, 650cc injectors, walbro 255 pump, 4 bar map sensor, and high flow fuel rail. Should I add a skunk2 stage 3/4 cam, how much boost do you guys think it can hold daily with normal beating and max boost small amounts at a time. My power goal is 400-500 anything in between or just under 400 I’m cool with. But main concern is will everything besides ecu and harness plug into the z6 from the y7 like all the coolant hoses and water lines.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,836 Posts
why did you make 2 threads for the same shit?

less posting, more reading.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[/QUOTE

I didn’t mean to bro I’m new to this forum and don’t know how to really work it my bad. You got any info tho?

You can utilize your stock engine harness with a OBD2 to OBD1 jumper for the p28. The only thing you will have to wire in is the vtec solenoid. You can buy sub harnesses from ebay or just grab the solenoid pigtail from your local junkyard.

Le ecu pinout:
View attachment 142090
View attachment 142089
I see the vtec wiring in one of the pics and the red and yellow highlights show at the top they are pins for a b16-17-18 I got a D series. Or would it be the same?

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
75 Posts
P28 ecu will pin out the same regardless of B series / D series engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts