Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my block back form being honed and hot tanked and my head being reworked. Was asking for some advice about how I should go about putting my engine back together: (what I will need, what to expect). I am replacing all internals zc pistons crower stage 2 cam. Any help or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Engine assembly is pretty easy if you have the right tools, and know-how.

I assume you're replacing the bearings too? And I assume that you got the right sizes?

As for stuff you need.. you need a torque wrench, and all of the normal stuff (like sockets, ect.) You need some hondabond, or permatex gasket stuff, oil, transmission fluid, new plugs, antifreeze, all of your gaskets, assembly lube.

Keep your work area super clean.. and clean stuff in the motor way more than you think you need to.

That's all I can think of right now. Have any specific questions?

-Des!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As A matter of fact I do. I know the rod bearing are color coated. I just ordered new bearings from the parts store and they are not color coated. What is the best way to figure which rod each one goes with? Or shoul dI take them back and get new ones from some where else?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: ?'s about the build?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathoffmanrules
As A matter of fact I do. I know the rod bearing are color coated. I just ordered new bearings from the parts store and they are not color coated. What is the best way to figure which rod each one goes with? Or shoul dI take them back and get new ones from some where else? ALso you mention honda bond I have all the tools and a manual but it doesnt mention anything about that where can I get it and what is it used for?

The bearings you buy from the autoparts store are all one size. You can order bearings from Honda that are color coded. Each color code is a slightly different size.

Check Majestic Honda for the bearings (do a google search). You can use the ones from the autoparts store... and I'm sure thousands of people have in the past and had no problems. The only thing is that you may be slightly tight or slightly loose.

Hondabond is just gasket sealer. You can get the stuff actually called "Hondabond" from the dealership, or you can buy grey Permatex from the autoparts store.

I would appreciate if you'd post all of this conversation in your thread so that other people can comment and benefit from it in the future.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
triple check clearances on the rod and main bearings, i hope you didn't cheap out on the bearings...

i will probably be using honda mains and ACL rod bearings on my z6/vitara/eagle build...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts