Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a d16z6 motor is .050 over size piston to much for boost application...
if so wat is my best size..oh yeah i dont want to sleeve,.thks

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
For the stock sleeves I would honestly go no more than .20 with it bossted. But that is just me. Any further than that , you run the risk of the cylinders turn into an oval shape instead of a circle. We did that to a friends car years ago. Although he was running 18+psi

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Thats what I am talking about BigTuna. I thought about the 81mm sleeves over the weekend. To many issues to deal with. Might just go with 78mm instead. I am going to check the stock sleeves and see just how big I could go with the stock ones. I talked to Oscar Jackson (Jackson Racing) a few years ago and he looked at one block I had and he told me I could go 77mm N/A. wish I had that block back.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
that would only make it 75.5mm. But depending on how much boost you go with is the key.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Yeah. If I decide to spens the time on the sleeving. I will go with the big 81mm. Just debating. Kinda want to still drive the car on the street though every now and then

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Just got off the phone (Again) with my friend at ARIAS. with an 80mm piston, I am looking at 3.152". The B series 1.8 bore is 3.19". The stroke on the D15 had more stroke so it will be closer to 1.8 if all measurements are correct. (I think). If I keep it closer to 12:1 comp, I can drive it on the street still. I only live a mile form my shop. But contemplating on raising the roof on compression. Got a fuel station down the street that sells trick

·
Registered
22 Posts
What benefits are there in boring my D16Z6 on my EJ1? I hope to put some Eagle Rods in it this summer & perhaps get a turbo down the road if I have the cash.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
"Thers no replacement for displacement." enough said

1 - 14 of 14 Posts