Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
91 civic hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive swapped in a D16z6 into a 91 dx.
Im getting spark to the wires, and the plugs are out of the box(gaped of course), Ive replaced the fuel filter and injectors, Im getting fuel to the rail and through the system, I can smell fuel out of the exhaust. I rebuilt the motor prior to putting it in, so im 99% sure it has proper compression. Ive received advice to advance the timing but im lookin for other suggestions if that doesnt work. Ive searched but nothing came up, my bad if i missed something.

· Registered
whatever runs....
3,956 Posts
did you actually do a compression check? are you running the p28 ecu with jumper harness? which fuel line are you using from the filter to the fuel rail? You have to use the z6 line from the 92-95 ex...I had this problem when I did my swap, I smelled fuel, but it wouldn't start, soon as I changed out the line, it fired right up. Actually had to shut off the engine cuz the nut wasn't tight enough at the fuel rail, and it was spraying out fuel...lol
Post up pics of your engine bay, good detailed close ups....

· Registered
91 civic hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this morning I messed with the timing. I advanced it and when I cranked the motor I got a "pop pop" and then it just kept cranking. After hearing about the fuel line issue with other swaps thats my next attempt. I called the local auto parts store, they dont sell it, and I called the local Honda dealer, only 1 in the country and its in cali, $80 too. I knew it was going to be expensive but damn. A trip to the junkyard tomorow should solve it. I have yet to do a compression check, waiting on a friend with a compression gauge. Almost all of the electrical parts of the motor are new. Starter, distr., plugs, wires, alternator less than a year old. Im running a p28 ecu/stock, with a jumper harness. The only codes its throwing, without running, is codes for an O2 sens. and vtec(disengaged). Ill try to get pics up soon. Thanks for the input.

· Registered
91 civic hatch
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I got that fuel line from the junkyard put it on and I got a full cycle, all 4 cylinders fired, But didnt start. It only did it when i first tried to start it. I played with the ignition and double checked everything twice. Cant seem to find the issue. Someone suggested fuel pressure. Its getting fuel to the rail at what seems like enough pressure, havent tested it yet. Im getting spark to the plugs. Fuel system has new filter and injectors. The main relay is clicking so i dont believe it is faulty. The fuel pump or pressure regulator is the only thing I can think is wrong. Is that an adequit assesment or am i missing something? And how can i deduce the problem and finally get it running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.