Honda D Series Forum banner

321 - 333 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Was that supposed to accompany a picture? Or just be a general statement lmao

Don't see a picture or anything else :)
Well after running this supercharger, and seeing insane intake temperatures, I realized you can't just flip the rotor pack over. It makes the twist of the rotor the wrong way. So it's been a long time since I did the first one and now it's all coming back to me.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,525 Posts
so you were pumping air backwards?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,471 Posts
Why the AKSC had an intercooler due to the extra 10-12% pumping losses as Eaton engineers found out for us.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,380 Posts
Well after running this supercharger, and seeing insane intake temperatures, I realized you can't just flip the rotor pack over. It makes the twist of the rotor the wrong way. So it's been a long time since I did the first one and now it's all coming back to me.
so what you are saying is the rotors have to be flipped?or just throw it on the heap...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
I had my old rotor housing which came in handy for the all pressing I had to do. The most important thing was measure all the clearances before taking it apart. There was about .006" between the rotors. .007" rotor to bearing block. .990" bearing to end of shaft. I made a bushing .989" long to press the bearing down the shaft. I don't know if there is a hard stop for the bearing which would get the correct clearance back. Putting the rotor in the bottom of the case was a good way press everything straight. But that last bit to get the clearance right required a big washer under the rotor, also for pressing on the gears. I heated the gears. The first one fought hard but the press won. I put two sheets of plastic between the rotors for a total of .0085". This keeps them timed while the last gear goes on. I heated it and this time I just tapped it on with the bushing and hammer. I probably could have gotten the first one on like that if I was ready the first time. All of my clearances came out to a thousands of where I expected.

321 - 333 of 333 Posts