Honda D Series Forum banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
i remember seeing this build awhile back, i cannot express in words how amazing this build is. Its twin charged, correctly working and bad ass.

Awesome job man, every way possible. Id love to just feel the throttle response.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
that thing just blasts its presence in the pictures
Still has a "smokey" exterior.

Well as I've already known for a couple years now, this is a badass build. I appreciate all the fab work that went into it. Good work dude
Thanks!

i remember seeing this build awhile back, i cannot express in words how amazing this build is. Its twin charged, correctly working and bad ass.

Awesome job man, every way possible. Id love to just feel the throttle response.
"And it actually works!" I hear that a lot.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
do you only auto x it? Any intentions of taking it to the strip?
autox, track, and hillclimb. I haven't drag raced it since I added the supercharger. It has a nasty habit of breaking axles on a sticky surface.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
autox, track, and hillclimb. I haven't drag raced it since I added the supercharger. It has a nasty habit of breaking axles on a sticky surface.
Post #7

Do you 1/4 mile it....

You think that's why he twin-charged it?

Wow
wow what?

he just stated he hasnt dragged it while twin charged.

what were your intentions, to make the new guy look stupid? :blue:

EDIT and nearly a week later....

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Several years ago I ran a 12.3 at 121mph in my first pass. That was on some nitto nt01 tires 2.1s 60'. Broke it on the second launch but I met my goal of 120mph. I figure the supercharger helps make power while shifting because I've set it up to make up for the boost lost during a shift. So it could help a little while drag racing. However I don't think the terrible intake manifold helps the turbo. I assume it restricts the turbo compared to a proper turbo manifold.

If it wasn't so damaging to the drivetrain, I would gladly take it to the strip again. The problem is my goal would be 11s and for that I need a 1.8 60' and I know from experience that I will be breaking it.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I dont think your power level is breaking axles.

people break axles on completely stock setups.

And there are people making 400whp dumping at 5k rpm that havent broken axles.

Driving technique goes a long way into preserving parts.

Ive broken one axle, and that wasnt due to harsh driving. old 170k+ mile cv shaft was sloppy, and with the del sol when it was automatic, was impossible to prevent joint slop/smack. Lasted 5 months after it started to be noisy. Finally snapped leaving a stopsign while also turning. Found out how hard that motor hit the redline immediately lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #292 (Edited)
20170310_105323 by rabidflickr, on Flickr

Not much to report other than it's still going strong! 400whp 300 lb/ft strong! I put in a precision 5431 turbo and did a little tweaking. These pulls were at 240kpa or about 21psi.

There is a little weirdness around 7500rpm but I wasn't going to spend too much time on that. It seems the boost control got a little angry when a bolt came loose on the wastegate.

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
Very impressive man. Thats serious power. peak tq at basically 4000rpm. That is very well done.

Seriously tho that much power under 7500rpm, with that wide of a torque curve. Thats the best build D series ive ever seen in my life. Congrats.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Wow!! Did you get a video?
No sorry. There is a video a few pages back of a dyno run in 2015.

Very impressive man.
Thanks man!

Love that torque curve.
It is pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure it stretches out the 8000rpm normally but I have my boost control to react too quickly on the turbo for these slow dyno pulls. The boost was dropping and recovering where a normal 3rd or 4th gear pull would hit correctly.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
Just started reading over this thread again after we chatted in that other twincharge thread. Very impressed by your fabrication skills and engineering skills. Excellent work on this build!

281 - 298 of 298 Posts